: Tampa and FL members. Meetup?

Scrapyard
12-05-03, 04:01 PM
I noticed there's a few of us on here in the Tampa and central FL area. Any of ya'll interested in getting together to check out each others ride and shoot the breeze? I think it could be a good chance to put some faces to the names. Post up when a good time and place would be for everyone and we'll go from there.

Brett
12-05-03, 05:50 PM
Id be up for it. Sandman? Stoneage? Others?

BeelzeBob
12-05-03, 05:55 PM
If I were in Florida I'd be there... Soon...

the Sandman
12-05-03, 05:56 PM
Sounds good - when were you guys thinking?

bob2231
12-05-03, 05:57 PM
If I were in Florida I'd be there... Soon... Well Sal, it was in the mid 70's today in Tampa....................maybe we'll go to Clearwater Beach for Christmas.:coolgleam

Scrapyard
12-06-03, 03:53 AM
Well, I'm going to be in Miami this weekend so that's out. But if ya'll have Wensday evening free there's a nice little get together of Classics over at the Chick Filla in Brandon on Causeway Blvd. That's one idea. If you guys would prefer a weekend gathering I'd be up for suggestions on that too.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-06-03, 06:57 PM
count me in , tried to get something going a month ago but there was no interst , let me know where and when , ill be there

ShadowLvr400
12-06-03, 09:48 PM
I'm on the East coast currently, but once I get through finals week, moving, and then get my caddy up and running again, I'll join in for some caddy meets. I tried long ago to get a bunch of guys together for a track invasion of caddies. Had 5 guys say they would show, ended up just me. But, I can't do anything bout it now, so just keep me in mind.

Scrapyard
12-08-03, 03:03 PM
So what does everyone think of Wensday? Or post up something if you have an idea.

the Sandman
12-08-03, 03:16 PM
What time Wednesday?

Stoneage_Caddy
12-08-03, 03:26 PM
yah time and place , this is good , just got done washin and waxing the old girl last weekend

i have school till 2 pm in port richey ....willin to go into tampa tho

also might need directions from 54 and 41 (aka noth dale mabry) just moved to florida from alaska and so much has changed in 5 years

want me to bring my digicam ?

Brett
12-08-03, 03:30 PM
Wednesday works for me

Fritzi
12-08-03, 09:30 PM
If anyone is ever in Orlando , I'm down with a meet up - then ya'll can see my Cadillac Tattoo......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p5f876863eeb68fd6893ebafa58a399ac/fd1c9a7e.jpg

Mad'lac
12-08-03, 09:32 PM
If anyone is ever in Orlando , I'm down with a meet up - then ya'll can see my Cadillac Tattoo......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p5f876863eeb68fd6893ebafa58a399ac/fd1c9a7e.jpg:shocked2: I think I'm in love!! Time for a GTG in Orlando...San Antonio, Tx to Orlando ain't that far to drive :D

Fritzi
12-08-03, 10:02 PM
I bet you could make it in an hour .... j/k :tongue2:

ShadowLvr400
12-08-03, 11:40 PM
I spend most of my time in Orl, care of UCF. Think I've spotted you driving around before.

BeelzeBob
12-09-03, 12:14 AM
Uh oh! Let the games begin! :p

Scrapyard
12-09-03, 03:42 AM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p5f876863eeb68fd6893ebafa58a399ac/fd1c9a7e.jpg

Damn girl, were the hell were you 6 months ago. I might have actually stayed in Orlando ;) . Ok, drool over :p .

Anyway, meet time and place...

This Wensday @ 6:30pm
Chikfila on Causeway Blvd.
Brandon, FL

Chickfila is on the south side of Causeway Blvd across from Steak 'n Shake. The cruise in is actually behind Chikfila in the parking lot. There's also Taco Bell, Comp USA in the same plaza. Just look for all the old cars roll'n around. You can't miss it.

umm... Directions, I'm horrable at these so bear with me.

If you're coming from Downtown area get on 275 to I4. Get on I75 south. Go to exit 257 S.R. 60/ Brandon. Make a left on SR 60. right on Lakewood. Follow Lakewood till you hit Causeway Blvd/Lumsen Ave. At the intersection there will be a Hess Gas station on your left and a Walgreens on the right. Make a right on Causeway and a left at the light at Gronto Lake. Turn into the shoping center on your left. That will be the spot.

If you're heading from North Tampa Jump on I75 south and follow the same directions.

Also my number is (813) 477-5677. If you get lost we'll try and get you there. BTW, all prank callers will be hunted down like dogs and beat to a bloody pulp :D .

Stoneage_Caddy
12-09-03, 04:02 PM
ok , directions are printed out and in my wallet

ok whats our count for definalty going now ?

fritzi is pretty damned hot , esp them dual exausts in the background

Scrapyard
12-09-03, 04:34 PM
Cool cool. Like I said, If I screwed up the directions somewhere, just give a ring. You can smack me up side the head and call me an idiot once you get there :D

the Sandman
12-09-03, 04:36 PM
Is it OK if I bring my Typhoon instead of the STS?

Brett
12-09-03, 04:42 PM
Is it OK if I bring my Typhoon instead of the STS?

Ummmm, LOL, DEFINITELY

Ill be there, look for the real tall guy driving a new LS 430

Stoneage_Caddy
12-09-03, 04:54 PM
"Typhoon instead of the STS"

only if you like it drooled on j/k , giving free rides ?

the Sandman
12-09-03, 05:04 PM
Rides...maybe.

Drooling on Typhoon... :nono:

:D

Stoneage_Caddy
12-09-03, 05:11 PM
ill bring my camera with me , not every day i see one in the flesh , not to mention seeing a 60 special

i promise i wont drool

DeVillish
12-09-03, 05:21 PM
iam about 90% sure iam gona come. But can anyone tell me how to get there from st pete? I almost never go to that part of the bay area. Hehe, i'll feel bad with all these nice cars, and my busted up caddy with no mufflers. Inside it real nice though, iam cleaning it now.

Brett
12-09-03, 05:24 PM
Best way for you Devillish would probably be 275 to 4 or 275 to the crosstown(toll) both will get you there. I think the crosstown is a more direct route though

Fritzi
12-09-03, 06:00 PM
damn - yeah you have probably spotyed me driving lol - small world. I wish I could see you all.. but I have school so I can't... maybe next time , hope you all have a good time

Fritzi
12-09-03, 09:14 PM
DOES ANYONE WANT TO MEET IN ORLANDO THIS SATURDAY NIGHT?? Alot of people meet around my area in orlando on Saturday nights, but I am always the only Cadillac. Anyone want to >????

DeVillish
12-10-03, 04:28 AM
hey, would you happen to know the addy of the place we are meeting at? that would make it so easy, i could just get a map online. Iam bad when it comes to getting places out of tampa/st pete.

bob2231
12-10-03, 05:24 AM
hey, would you happen to know the addy of the place we are meeting at? that would make it so easy, i could just get a map online. Iam bad when it comes to getting places out of tampa/st pete.Chick-Fil-A 11325 Causeway Blvd
Brandon, FL 33511

Scrapyard
12-10-03, 07:00 AM
Hey Sandman, I'm gona throw the xr50 in the trunk and bring that. SO, don't feel like the odd man out.

Fritzi, as long as you're not talking about meeting at Sonics. I don't think my car will fit in there. lol. Saturday might be an idea. Have to see if my sleds up to it though. Gets a little warm on long freeway trips. Although, there's always an excuse for missing class to hang out around cool cars :D

Stoneage_Caddy
12-10-03, 10:45 AM
not sure if you should bring the typhoon sandman , the rains are coming , its raining here now and im not sure how big of a storm it is , looks like the ususal stroms on the edge of a cold front deal

heres a pic of current conditions
http://www.floridaforecast.com/accuweather/images/tampa_crop.jpg

radar isnt showing the rain in my area (work and get schoolin in new port richey)

DeVillish
12-10-03, 12:10 PM
So who else is for sure coming? i just got a map from yahoo, its gona be easy to get there so iam coming. Who/what should i look for when i get there? Stone if your coming i'll look for your Deville. My coupe is sliver, damaged front end, and loud, lol.

Scrapyard
12-10-03, 12:48 PM
Look for a baby blue '60 coupe. That'll be me.

BTW, I just checked weather.com. Looks like we have the very edge of it and it's all heading inland so hopefully it'll be cool.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-10-03, 02:58 PM
"Stone if your coming i'll look for your Deville"

ill be there ill keep my peepers peeled for the damaged nose deville

rain wont stop me , itll just piss me off since i made it thru the first storm clean

the Sandman
12-10-03, 03:33 PM
I'll be there, but not in the Typhoon. Look for the White Diamond STS with DTS chrome wheels.

What is Chick Fila next to??

Stoneage_Caddy
12-10-03, 03:41 PM
guys , radar isnt looking good :

http://www.baynews9.com/images/wx/doppler/BayArea/1071085262.jpg

it was sunny here for while and now were in round 2 , dark as hell here in new port richey , very high winds too

im gonna try to go but im not sure if there gonna hold a show with this weather

satellite image: http://image.weather.com/images/sat/usvis_600x405.jpg

yet another edit . it looks like the date was moved to saturday :
http://www.floridacarclubs.com/cfm/showlistings.cfm?cityid=42

DeVillish
12-10-03, 04:07 PM
man, but it looks like its moving fast, so i hope by like 4 or 5 it will have pasted.

Brett
12-10-03, 04:32 PM
Well your just full of good news stoneage :) Well my wife isnt around tonite so im still up for it........

Stoneage_Caddy
12-10-03, 04:36 PM
as long as everyone is still going i will be , i wanted to see how many werent gonna show up cuz of the weather

Brett
12-10-03, 04:40 PM
As long as somebody is going, ill be there. Even just to grad some dinner, whatever. I dont get alot of nights where my wife is out :)

the Sandman
12-10-03, 04:47 PM
As long as somebody is going, ill be there. Even just to grad some dinner, whatever. I dont get alot of nights where my wife is out :)I'll be there...

DeVillish
12-10-03, 04:49 PM
me too. this should be fun. Maybe we can do it more often if it goes well.

Scrapyard
12-10-03, 05:09 PM
Looks like there's a small band moving through right now. The nice part is it's windy as hell out so hopefully that keeps it moving a bit. I'm waiting for a break in the action so I can run out and grab a bottel of rain X and some smokes. No wipers. So I will be there regaurdless of cruise in or not. Figure it'll be a good time either way.

Fritzi
12-10-03, 06:09 PM
have fun everyone

ORLANDO- we just all meet at the sports authority on 50/436, we usually get kicked out. So we move to the bennigans side lot on 50. Then if we get kicked out there we go down to OBT. Oh well It's fun. Alot of ricers , but overall some cool rides. and lots of people

Scrapyard
12-10-03, 11:23 PM
Good to see everyone made it out tonight. I had a good time. It was nice to meet everyone. We should do it again some time. Stoneage, do me a favor and post those pics too. I'd like to see what you got.

Fritzi,
What time do ya'll meet out there? Maybe I'll swing out for a while and hang out.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-11-03, 11:30 AM
working on the pics , if i can get my site to run again ill host them there

everyone make it home ok ?

musta been 25 C4 AND C5 vettes there

then there was that guy dezzi from lucille ball show with the badass early 80s turbo z ....shoulda got pics of it

Fritzi
12-11-03, 11:42 AM
around 10 pm. I don't know if it s worth the drive from Tampa so hang in a parking lot with a lot of kids....... but if you're in the neighborhood.. you should

Brett
12-11-03, 12:13 PM
then there was that guy dezzi from lucille ball show with the badass early 80s turbo z ....shoulda got pics of it

Damn, that guy was funny :)

DeVillish
12-11-03, 12:26 PM
lol yeah. it was fun. Next time i gota find a new route, i ended up paying 3.50 to the trolls. That Z was somthing, sounded more like a V8 than an I6.

Mad'lac
12-11-03, 12:37 PM
Any pics?

Scrapyard
12-11-03, 01:25 PM
...then there was that guy dezzi from lucille ball show with the badass early 80s turbo z ....shoulda got pics of it

Yo! Seriously, I was waiting for him to yell out, "Lucy, I'm Home". :histeric: He was cool though. His car was pretty slick too. Junkyard speed machine. Gota love that.

Scrapyard
12-11-03, 01:26 PM
around 10 pm. I don't know if it s worth the drive from Tampa so hang in a parking lot with a lot of kids....... but if you're in the neighborhood.. you should

That's not a big deal. I've driven to Miami for less.

the Sandman
12-11-03, 04:56 PM
Yo! Seriously, I was waiting for him to yell out, "Lucy, I'm Home". :histeric: He was cool though. His car was pretty slick too. Junkyard speed machine. Gota love that.Where did he get that scar?

Fritzi
12-11-03, 06:39 PM
If you wanna - that's cool. I will be there at 9 - it is in the parking lot of sports authority/ steel mill gym/pizza hut. It is at the intersection of 436 (Semoran) and 50 ( Colonial )If you get there early, you can park by me. I can't gaurentee how fun it will be. I hope ya come. I am usually the only cadillac there. You can hang out with me. Let me know if you are coming so I can look for you.

Scrapyard
12-11-03, 08:23 PM
I'll probablly swing out there. I gota pick up some work from a buddy of mine in Altomonte so I'll make a day of it. What corner of the intersection is it on? Pizza hut sounds firmiliar but my heads out in left field at the moment. Just look for a baby Blue '60 coupe. You can't miss it :D

Fritzi
12-12-03, 12:10 AM
yay! *dances* i get to meet you. The intersection is where 50 meets with 436. It's across from the firestation

Scrapyard
12-12-03, 03:11 AM
WOW!! I don't think I can live up to that kind of expectation, lol.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-03, 09:26 AM
"Where did he get that scar?"

not sure , i never asked , but i sure felt beatter about the 3 inch scar on my head , coulda been worse

sticker on his car was a coast gaurd sticker , maybe he got it there , from what i remeber military life is a little rough

sorry mad , we only got pics of scraps ride , after that i got lazy ...maybe next time ill get with the program , last time i was too bizy pouting cuz my zippo ran out of gas and my chickfila got blown off the hood of my car and onto the ground :crying:

DeVillish
12-12-03, 09:53 AM
Fritzi, scrap had some good stories so he should be able to entertain you. I wish i could go too but with work and the caddy needing some work i dunno if i could afford the gas. Maybe some other time we can get a group to ride out to orlando.

Scrapyard
12-12-03, 11:27 AM
Yeah, Dezzi's scar was pretty brutale. Made mine look like a scratch. He ran into someone that wasn't to fond of him.

So Mike, What happened? I saw you handed the camera over to my boy Foto for a sec. Did he not get a decent group shot? Man, That boy's get'n a good talk'n to.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-03, 11:37 AM
naw no group photos , will be sure to do it next time , hopelfully when sandman has a fresh 700r4 in his sy-ty and brings it , and next time we should try to park them all together , last time we were a bit of a hodgepoge

i think sandman and brett are in the background of a photo of your car , of coarse we should be able to see brett ,im positive the dude could kick shaq's arse and maybe dunk on him

Scrapyard
12-12-03, 01:41 PM
...of coarse we should be able to see brett ,im positive the dude could kick shaq's arse and maybe dunk on him
Yo, I'd pay to see that :histeric:

But hey, post up those pics if you can. I need some better pics of my car so I can make avatars and stuff.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-03, 03:33 PM
so far this is the best i can do , stupid geocities has the pagebuilder program jacked up so i had to run page wizard and it made tiny ass pics

http://www.geocities.com/bubba_orr/photopagerock.html

any ideas on how and where i could build a regualr page , wish i knew how to do that html stuff

update , got yours and pics of my car into the members rides gallery , let me know as you copy yours , then ill pull them off my gallery

Scrapyard
12-12-03, 04:26 PM
Cool, thanks Stoney. I got'em. Hella dark, but oh well. I make use of them one way or another.

Fritzi
12-12-03, 05:17 PM
cool cool, hope to see you stone tomorrow night

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-03, 05:19 PM
im going somewhere?

Mad'lac
12-12-03, 05:51 PM
LOL Someone has other things on her mind.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-12-03, 10:16 PM
hehe , yah , shes gonna laugh at my oil leak ....damn tranny

i would go to orlando , esp since there is some good stuff to look at ..mmm caddy tatoo.... , but unforetunatly i have to get this research paper done on john delorean

but she should keep everyone posted on future orlando meets , i need to go up there sometime anyway as brevard motorsports goes there all the time , gotta keep my nissan contacts so i can get rid of my turbo setup

Fritzi
12-13-03, 12:59 PM
I can't make it tonight - my boyfriend surprised me and came down here for the weekend , but next weekend I can . Sorry

Scrapyard
12-13-03, 02:19 PM
That's cool. I might not have been able to make it myself. I'm having charging issues again. But next time we all get together, you need to drive your ass out to Tampa. I at least made an attemt :D

Fritzi
12-14-03, 09:04 AM
yeah i know I suck. What a guy though , he flew all the way from wisconsin to surprise me. awwww.... Yeah as soon as I get my tie rods and motor mount fixed I can drive to tamp. Next weekend do you want to try again .

Stoneage_Caddy
12-14-03, 11:06 PM
so we gonna have a tampa meet next weekend then ? when and where ?

last finals are this week , ill need to blow off some collage and holiday steam with a good drive

charging issues? can you upgrade to a CS series GM alternator ?

Scrapyard
12-15-03, 12:39 PM
I upgraded to a 3 wire but it dosn't like to shut off. Somewhere it's drawing power and draining my battery if the car sits for a couple days. So I have to disconnect the battery and jump wire every night. I've got it sorted for now, but I'm gona order a one wire and call it a day. Plus this thing dosn't put out a whole lot of amps. And once I get it bagged and a bump'n I'm gona need a bit more.

Next weekend sounds like an idea. Diner, dancing and debutchery sound good to everyone? Ok, we'll skip the dancing part :D . Anyone have an idea? Last week was kind of a wash due to weather but If ya'll want to meet somewhere else I'm game.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-15-03, 04:17 PM
im open to any ideas , im too tired today to think , damned door sensor ont he house alarm mess up last night , alarm kept going off all night

Fritzi
12-15-03, 09:10 PM
I guess I forgot , it's my birthday , next weekend so I can't really leave this area, my friends want to hangout with me. Blah - but if you guys want to come to orlando , that's cool. Someday I'll get to Tampa

same place same time saturday if you guys want to come to Orlando

Scrapyard
12-16-03, 07:04 AM
You forgot it's your birthday?! Right... I think you're just scared to step out from behind the PC. Come on girly. Get out here and meet your fellow enthusiasts. We don't bite... too hard :D. I'll tell you what. I'll even bring you down to Ybor for a couple of hours to celeibrate your Birthday. My treat. That is of course, unless your scared...

Stoneage_Caddy
12-16-03, 09:22 AM
dont be skeered shawty .....

none of us are that scary looking outside me (damn that second head and fifth arm)

just stay away from devillishs car , the kia killer looks angry

trying to talk devillish into gettng some parts off of a late 80s deville toruing coupe , the factory spoiler would look good on his rig , that and the front clip off of the same car

DeVillish
12-16-03, 12:31 PM
SNIFF SNIFF, i smell, fear! Dude, soon as i see what it looks like, there wont be any talking me into it. Get some pics and a price and i'll have to find some cash. Oh but i duno if i could use any of the front clip parts. But if the sway bars are the same shape, only thicker i'll want those too.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-16-03, 12:46 PM
yup ill have pics saturday , he has a early 90s car there too , so ill take measurements of the parts and there bolt patterns and see , the early 90s car is trashed tho so it wont do you any good , and ill use the early 90s to find out the diffrences in sway bars too . the Touring car has no cruise controll servo (i took it off and put it on mine) other than that its all there last time i saw it

but yah , im just givin you some shizzle , i was young once too , money was always tight (as if thats changed for me) , but i would like to see you build a 90 DTC , and this car would be a good start for ya

DeVillish
12-16-03, 09:25 PM
cruise doesnt work on my car anyway, lol. Iam almost thinking it might be more worth it to just get the whole touring car from him if it runs, and do an engine transplant from my car to the TC. If i can get the TC from him cheap.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-17-03, 09:26 AM
the only problem with useing it as your car is it might have a salavge title on it , but if i remeber right it can still be tagged , it would just make selling it difficult , ill check on the title status too , ill bring ym jumper box and see if i can get ti to run , if it runs fine then i imagine it needed a tranny , or at least a rebuiild on the tranny

no rush tho dude , ill see how long he can hold it , he also does work on cars ...i bet if you give him the kia killer he might use the tranny out of it and cut you a deal on labor , but dont get your hopes up ill go talk to him on saturday and see what we can work out

Fritzi
12-17-03, 05:55 PM
my girl is throwing me a party saturday afternoon. and i have to go to bed at like 9 so i can get and go to the airport at 4:30

Scrapyard
12-17-03, 08:24 PM
BAH, excusses! Nah, I'm just break'n your chops. That's cool. We'll catch up with ya when you get back. Have a Happy Birthday.

Fritzi
12-17-03, 08:29 PM
thanks , and I do want to meet ya cadi people

DeVillish
12-18-03, 06:33 PM
well iam not worried about selling it. If anything i'll just start my caddy collection off with a touring coupe. I was thinking about that though, putting the engine and trany from my car into it since mine only have 61k miles on them. It should boost the tc's hp and tourq a little too. Hmm, same power in a smaller car, even more fun. My car needs alot of little things too, aside from the body, to get it like i want anyway. So i'd almost rather put my time and money into a real touring coupe, since it seems like a rare car.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-20-03, 03:22 PM
took the pics man , i did the write up in the deville section and put the pics on the deville photo section