: Headers for 05EXT

CDEsMel
10-24-05, 03:31 PM
Looking for the best quality, best performing set of headers for an 05 EXT (6.0 obviously). Anyone have a good opinion on this?

I wouldn't think it would matter that its for an EXT but I do see more listed for the regular Escalade so maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks!

hcvone
10-24-05, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the Forum. :) The Other Guy's headers or SuperMaxx , they are both nice. http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/truckcatalog.html

vjraw
10-24-05, 04:30 PM
What are headers and what are they for?

CDEsMel
10-24-05, 05:37 PM
thanks for the welcome and for the info... i'll have to look into those. i was checking out the headers that my warehouses carry and figured i'd ask around here first.

CDEsMel
10-25-05, 12:11 PM
I'm surprised only one person has an opinion on this.

slimm44
10-25-05, 01:27 PM
connect the exhaust manifold to the exhaust.

DenverEXT
10-25-05, 01:50 PM
connect the exhaust manifold to the exhaust.

Slight correction. They replace the exhaust manifold.

A stock exhaust manifold dumps the exhaust into a single pipe immediately and thus creates back pressure which inhibits the ability of the exhaust gases to exit the cylinder. The idea behind an exhaust header is to eliminate the manifold's back pressure. Instead of a common manifold that all of the cylinders share, each cylinder gets its own exhaust pipe. These pipes come together in a larger pipe called the collector. On some headers, the individual pipes are cut and bent so that each one is the same length as the others. By making them the same length, it guarantees that each cylinder's exhaust gases arrive in the collector spaced out equally so there is no back pressure generated by the cylinders sharing the collector.

vjraw
10-25-05, 01:58 PM
Why would you want to do this? Does this give you more horsepower and less gasmileage? If so, how much? (Thanks for your detailed description)

hcvone
10-25-05, 02:01 PM
Not any less miles per gallon, and better performance due to less restriction, much better performance. :)