: Escalade for Mercedes, would you?

Spittin Game
10-23-05, 11:14 PM
In the ads on saturday they had some KILLER deals on '06 Mercedes E and S class, fully loaded with nav, amg package (not actual AMG) on the S, and some other goodies. Im trying to decide if I should trade my lade in for one of the 2. What do you all think? I havent driven the Mercs yet, but could only imagine they drive like a dream. Anyone own either of those cars? Would you trade the lade for it or no? Part of me says trade it, part of me doesnt want to part with my baby. I just dont know what to do.:bonkers:

jcmendo01
10-23-05, 11:21 PM
I hate the small electronic problems that mercedes have....they are expensive to fix

Spittin Game
10-23-05, 11:25 PM
It would all be under warranty. Brand new, something breaks they fix it, no worries.

Falkolade
10-24-05, 12:47 AM
Ya I caught some of those adds too and they have some really sweet leases on the benz e classes. I need and like an suv, so I'll keep my lade and then trade up in 07. I think if I didn't need to have an suv for the weather and family, I would consider getting a benz. I think it would be a fun and cool car to have, wether it be a toy, or daily driver. No matter what kind of car you go with, a new ride is a new ride, and its all under warrany, so it's all good. I am not looking foward to the fact I only have 4000 miles left on my lade warranty... I just hope nothin goes on my truck till the 07 is out. My truck has had a lot fixed under warranty... Stick with the Escalade though... H2 and lade's are the hottest rides, and a surefire way to get noticed ! ! !

hcvone
10-24-05, 08:54 AM
I have had two Benz's, was very happy with both of them, but an Escalade and MB at least the type that you are talking about are very different, if you don't need a truck with AWD to get around where you live then the Benz maybe right for you.

clickart
10-24-05, 10:18 AM
I think the S class is being redesigned for 07

mark77
10-24-05, 10:47 AM
The new s-class is actually out already here in Europe, I have seen 3 different once already. The deals they give on the old modell is a way to get rid of them fast i think. But if you like the car...

brett79
10-24-05, 11:45 AM
If you are getting a benzo, get the new CLS...that thing is amazing!

Dupes
10-24-05, 01:16 PM
If you are getting a benzo, get the new CLS...that thing is amazing!

true :cool2:
S is nice, I would not even consider the E. But thats just me.
S with amg package is very very nice!

JOHNNYRENO
10-24-05, 03:19 PM
I OWN A 2000 RAGTOP and they are the ultimate luxury vehicle i wouldnt trade it for nothing, the ride is superb, i would not go with the e class anytime you have a four door mbenz they dont go up in value they go down. my ragtop is worth more than what i paid, go test drive one. make sure you bring your calculator. cause i think you will buy. they really are HOT.

Spittin Game
10-24-05, 06:21 PM
I dont really need AWD, just love the lade overall. I wish I could get the CLS, its a bit outta my price range though.

I think I will take a look at the 2 tomorrow maybe. We will see what happens, Ill let you all know.

mnext02
10-24-05, 07:41 PM
Cls Rocks!

Falkolade
10-24-05, 09:04 PM
cls is the hottest ride in the benz line up by far... well the sl is pretty damn hot too.

OCESCALADE
10-24-05, 09:57 PM
No. Had to many of my friends have nothing but problems with them. They lost thier reputation when they joined with Chrysler. Good luck. I picked the Escalade over a Mercedes because of my friends problems with them. I have 20k on my Escalade and the only problem i have had is a blown fuse...

Lade
10-24-05, 10:04 PM
NO
unless for a CL (cls is way to small for me...my friend has one) or 03+ SL
The current S class is being replaced in the very first months of 06 as an 07....your 06 S500 will not be as cool when this sucker comes out IT IS THE HOTTEST SEDAN I"VE SEEN IN YEARS (besides the new Bentley, etc,)...makes the cls look like a joke. For now the CLS is hot, I was going to get one, but not after I saw the new S. But your opinion is the one that counts.

Lade
10-24-05, 10:42 PM
The E and CLS are not options...the new CL500 is also going to BE HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a real pis of a stock 07 S500 sport

brett79
10-25-05, 11:56 AM
...and thats what the CLS looks like (just a little smaller). MB made the CLS a "sports sedan". It is supposed to a sports car, but it has 4 doors.

clickart
10-25-05, 12:36 PM
they are remodeling the CL class?

fast66
10-25-05, 03:06 PM
I wouldnt do it. Unless it was for a cl or cls

JOHNNYRENO
10-25-05, 09:34 PM
maybe get a low mileage used that will put u right in the price range.

Spittin Game
10-25-05, 10:25 PM
Actually I just got off the dealer website and didn't realize the CLS is actually less than the S (retail). Still more than I can spend. I thought they started at like $85,000 though. BUT, if they can do a deal like they are on the S, then I will walk away with a CLS. I still need to go up there.

fast66
10-25-05, 10:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-2006-CLS-500-2006-Mercedes-Benz-CLS-500-DEMO-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6315QQitemZ45839033 64QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Lade
10-26-05, 04:43 AM
The leases on the cls will be much more than on the S since the new S class comes out in the beginning of 2006 and the value of the 06 S will plumet (they have to move the metal)...you can get an 06 s430 amg sport for like $500 a month if your credit is up to par. The only Benz I would role is the 03+ SL500...the cls is cool but just a rebodied E-class...the cls350 base model in europe is a much ebtter deal...here in the states they are making a killing profit margin wise on the cls500/55...but for the right price I'd cramp myself into one. I had a 2000 Sl600 before my Lade and have to admit that the fit and finish were a little better. I will make my decision directly after I see the press release of the 2007 Lade.

brett79
10-26-05, 10:22 AM
Actually I just got off the dealer website and didn't realize the CLS is actually less than the S (retail). Still more than I can spend. I thought they started at like $85,000 though. BUT, if they can do a deal like they are on the S, then I will walk away with a CLS. I still need to go up there.

What kind of deals did you see on the S? Also, let me know what you find out about the CLS....if it's the right deal:burn:

tcorbett
10-26-05, 12:05 PM
LADE please show me where you can get a 06 s430 amg for $500 a month and il take two. There is no way you can get into one of those at that price.

Spittin Game
10-26-05, 04:15 PM
It is a $500 per month lease. I dont haven any info other than the ad from the paper. I called b/c I thought it was to good to be true, but apparently its true. Even their website doesnt have anything on it. The MB website shows a S350 for like $709/month with like $5300 down, this one is S430 with $4600 down, which I will just use from my trade (doesnt make sense how its so much less than what the MBusa site shows, and a better model). Thats the only reason I was thinking of trading my Escalade, is b/c its such a killer deal. Its a 27 month lease, so by the time its up all the new models will have been out for 1.5-2 years and have all the kinks fixed in them and thats when Ill be ready for a new one again.

Synergetic
10-26-05, 06:17 PM
Ive heard there are A LOT of problems with the new Mercedes and BMWs!! But again, thats just what ive heard. It may be a deal... but you may get it in the butt with matenance costs. Good luck!!

Spittin Game
10-26-05, 07:25 PM
I think Ive decided to just keep my Escalade. I keep thinking to myself, why would I trade her if Im not really sure I want to get rid of her. When I bought it, I knew I wanted it. I just dont think I will be happy with another car. I just like how it commands respect and attention from everyone on the road.

Even though the Merc is a killer deal, I think Im gonna stick with my baby. Eventually Ill just save up and get another car, so I can keep this one to.

Synergetic
10-26-05, 10:34 PM
I think Ive decided to just keep my Escalade. I keep thinking to myself, why would I trade her if Im not really sure I want to get rid of her. When I bought it, I knew I wanted it. I just dont think I will be happy with another car. I just like how it commands respect and attention from everyone on the road.

Even though the Merc is a killer deal, I think Im gonna stick with my baby. Eventually Ill just save up and get another car, so I can keep this one to.

Now your thinking right... :cool:

Spittin Game
10-27-05, 01:28 AM
Ya, I just kept thinking to myself that I dont want to get rid of my Lac. I tried to convince myself that it was a S class Benz, but Id still rather have my Escalade. If I did trade my baby it would probably be for an EXT, but I dont see that happening.

fast66
10-27-05, 01:38 AM
If you get rid of it, youll regret it everytime you see one on the road, I know I would

Lade
10-27-05, 05:16 AM
The S class special leasing are for thos blessed with exceptional credit...

The CLS is nice but I'm afraid it won't be as hot as it is now when the new S hits the roads...I made a deal today at the dealer on a brand new 05 SL500 for $10,000 down and $850 a month for 3 years...its a $99,780 car...I walked away but am still thinking its a decent lease, except for the $10,000 down. The actual purhase price is below invoice. The CLS prices are pretty much solid while the S's are soon to be worthless and can be leased for super cheap.

To me it all depends on how the next Lade looks.

Spittin Game
10-27-05, 01:11 PM
Ya, I wasnt worried about the credit part, because my credit is platinum status. After I thought it about it for a few days, I just really didnt want to get rid of my Escalade.

brett79
10-27-05, 02:16 PM
Gas prices are dopping, no need to get rid of the lades......

Synergetic
10-27-05, 04:42 PM
I'm keeping my 2002 Escalade forever, believe or not. Other projects will come into mind, when they come, the lade will just become my garage queen. Never owned a vehicle better.

fast66
10-27-05, 10:13 PM
I'm keeping my 2002 Escalade forever, believe or not. Other projects will come into mind, when they come, the lade will just become my garage queen. Never owned a vehicle better.

I AM with you 100%, that has been my thought since I bought my truck