: Argh! No! Out of Cigars!!

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 04:37 PM
What to do!!!

I havent been to my dealer for some time now!!!

I just took my last cigar!!

Any brand any of the cigar guys can recommend for me, i could do with a change

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 04:51 PM
What to do!!!

Legal Cigars:

Macanudo (my favorite legal brand)
Partagas
Romeo Y Julietas
Illegal Cigars:
Cohiba, the real ones from Cuba (if you could get them).

My wife recently went to the Caribbean with the kids. I couldn't go because of business commitments. She felt sorry for me and smuggled in a box of Cohibas for me. Box of 20 for $250. I smoked them all in 20 days (1 per day). They were FANTASTIC. I want more.

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 04:52 PM
What to do!!!

Legal Cigars:

Partagas
Romeo Y Julietas
Illegal Cigars:

My wife recently went to the Caribbean with the kids. I couldn't go because of business commitments. She felt sorry for me and smuggled in a box of Cohibas for me. 20 for $250. I smoked them all in 20 days (1 per day). They were FANTASTIC.

I want more.

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 04:54 PM
Legal Cigars:

Partagas
Romeo Y Julietas
Illegal Cigars:

My wife recently went to the Caribbean with the kids. I couldn't go because of business commitments. She felt sorry for me and smuggled in a box of Cohibas for me. Box of 20 for $250. I smoked them all in 20 days (1 per day). They were FANTASTIC. I want more.

LOL

I can get the occasional box of cubans, i cant remeber the brand, but they are fantastic!

My guy often has the Macanudos in, ive never tried them maybe i should

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 04:57 PM
LOL

I can get the occasional box of cubans, i cant remeber the brand, but they are fantastic!

My guy often has the Macanudos in, ive never tried them maybe i should

I especially like Macanudo Hyde Park. They always seem so perfect. Always fresh, well constructed, burn nice, and always have a nice draw. They are a bit mild for some, but I think they are great.

Adam
10-23-05, 04:58 PM
i used to smoke vanilla pipe tobacco cigars but due to recent health problems i had to quit. oh i agree with the above stated brands, good cigars.

terrible one
10-23-05, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't know anything about any of that stuff....:rolleyes:

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 05:17 PM
I especially like Macanudo Hyde Park. They always seem so perfect. Always fresh, well constructed, burn nice, and always have a nice draw. They are a bit mild for some, but I think they are great.

Some days i like a mild smoke, other days i like stronger smoke. I'll talk to the guy tomorrow, see what hes got. Last time i saw him i spend 1100 on various different brands.

Theres nothing nicer than a summers (or clear winters) day, windows down, rolling along the open road with a cigar and something good on the CD. Its somethign i embrace. A little pleasure in life.

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 05:24 PM
Some days i like a mild smoke, other days i like stronger smoke. I'll talk to the guy tomorrow, see what hes got. Last time i saw him i spend 1100 on various different brands.

Theres nothing nicer than a summers (or clear winters) day, windows down, rolling along the open road with a cigar and something good on the CD. Its somethign i embrace. A little pleasure in life.

Same here. I love to sit by the pool at the end of the day, smoke a cigar, sip some wine and listen to music. I cherish those moments.

Unfortunately, we closed the pool a couple weeks back. Winter is almost here--so there aren't a lot of good smoking days left.

I can't wait for spring.

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 05:28 PM
Same here. I love to sit by the pool at the end of the day, smoke a cigar, sip some wine and listen to music. I cherish those moments.

Unfortunately, we closed the pool a couple weeks back. Winter is almost here--so there aren't a lot of good smoking days left.

I can't wait for spring.

Yeah, although sometimes it is nice to sit in the winter, in my office particularly because it has wood panelling and an open fire, and smoke there with the christmas tree around next to me.

By this time next year my pool will be finished. I was having trouble with the planning permission for an indoor pool

urbanski
10-23-05, 05:44 PM
i enjoy a $5 as much as the next guy, and I have some Cubans in the closet right now....
so don't laugh too loud when I say that I keep a pack of Backwoods in my car :cool: they rock, perfect for a quick commute. and you can get em at the local quickie mart :p

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 05:53 PM
i enjoy a $5 as much as the next guy, and I have some Cubans in the closet right now....
so don't laugh too loud when I say that I keep a pack of Backwoods in my car :cool: they rock, perfect for a quick commute. and you can get em at the local quickie mart :p

im not laughing, i keep a pack of hamlets about, they are a surprisingly pleasant smoke. 3.15 for 5, I also like an occasional King Edward cigar

https://www.lilbrown.com/prodpics/king-e.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/55000/images/_58268_hamlet.jpg

Rolex
10-23-05, 05:53 PM
I don't smoke cigars much anymore, but when I do I like the Opus X by Arturo Fuente (sp?). Enjoy! :)

Sandy
10-23-05, 07:23 PM
ASHTON Cabinet # 1. $ 17.00 each
H. Uppman Imperial Crown $ 5.00 each
CAO Gold Churchills $ 5,25 each
My 3.

LittleB
10-23-05, 07:25 PM
Only cigar I've smoked is a Black 'n Mild, and that probably doesn't even count to you Cigar experts over here LOL!!!

Kev
10-23-05, 07:39 PM
The last time I smoked a cigar was 32 years ago, (yes, I was only 13) I have no idea what kind it was. I only remember that it was fat and ugly, the wrap burned my lips and it tasted nasty! :bonkers: :vomit:

I did enjoy cigarettes at the time.....

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 07:41 PM
The last time I smoked a cigar was 32 years ago, (yes, I was only 13) I have no idea what kind it was. I only remember that it was fat and ugly, the wrap burned my lips and it tasted nasty! :bonkers: :vomit:

I did enjoy cigarettes at the time.....

LOL going from cigarettes to cigars is like gong from a Chevy to a Cadillac

or a Coke to a Whiskey.

My son (MC6) enjoys the occasional cigar with me

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 07:43 PM
Yeah, although sometimes it is nice to sit in the winter, in my office particularly because it has wood panelling and an open fire, and smoke there with the christmas tree around next to me.

By this time next year my pool will be finished. I was having trouble with the planning permission for an indoor pool

An indoor pool sounds really cool. Here is our pool. It is almost brand new. 3 Years old. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/silvercts/PICT17912Shrunk.jpg

LittleB
10-23-05, 07:45 PM
An indoor pool sounds really cool. Here is our pool. It is almost brand new. 3 Years old. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/silvercts/PICT17912Shrunk.jpg

Verrrrrrry nice! I'm jealous!

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 07:46 PM

Looks like a nice secluded polt you have, the trees are great. I have a partical sea view.

Thats a nice pool, i like the shape

Adam
10-23-05, 08:52 PM
ASHTON Cabinet # 1. $ 17.00 each
H. Uppman Imperial Crown $ 5.00 each
CAO Gold Churchills $ 5,25 each
My 3.

very nice choices Sandy. i have smoked one Ashton Cabinet. i used to smoke what B does, those Black and mild pipe tobacco cigars. i also smoked them Al Capones and Swisher Sweets. i liked to smoke them after a hard day of work and or sometimes before work.

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 08:54 PM
Looks like a nice secluded polt you have, the trees are great. I have a partical sea view.

Thats a nice pool, i like the shape

Thanks. The view is especially great in the fall when the leaves turn all sorts of colors. Only problem is that the pool is closed by then.

A view overlooking the sea sounds great.

SilverCTS
10-23-05, 08:55 PM
Verrrrrrry nice! I'm jealous!

You could come over anytime.

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 09:02 PM
Thanks. The view is especially great in the fall when the leaves turn all sorts of colors. Only problem is that the pool is closed by then.

A view overlooking the sea sounds great.

The sea view is nice, we have plenty of land, but only a small amount of it looks over the sea, the top floor of the house gets an amazing view.

We pretty much have the pool sorted, the work will start in January, its all planned out. The garages will be finished by March, theyre already well underway

Ralph
10-23-05, 09:06 PM
Strange you start this thread today of all days MC. Today I just bought a couple of Cigarello "263's" in "Sweet" flavour. I believe they are Canadian rolled, but Cuban tobacco. Tastes sweet allright, and I don't care for the artificial taste of the chocolate or vanilla flavoured ones....

mccombie_5
10-23-05, 09:14 PM
Strange you start this thread today of all days MC. Today I just bought a couple of Cigarello "263's" in "Sweet" flavour. I believe they are Canadian rolled, but Cuban tobacco. Tastes sweet allright, and I don't care for the artificial taste of the chocolate or vanilla flavoured ones....

I dont liek flavoursed cigars i must admit, it defeats the object really.

I want to taste the tobacco, not the flavour thats added

Ralph
10-24-05, 12:13 AM
Another good cigar is the Padron. Dominican Republic I think. Not easy on the wallet, though.

davesdeville
10-24-05, 03:05 AM
Funny you should mention Padron's, Ralph. I picked up a Padron 5000 yesterday. But at around $7-10 a pop, most of the Padrons are a bit pricey for me. For that money I might go to the hookah bar downtown instead, inside it's almost a party atmosphere there but outside it's a nice peaceful hangout spot.

I've smoked my share of gas station crap-in-a-wrap cigars, but I believe I'm done with all of those except the Phillies Honey blunts. Other flavors are nasty, but I think they Honey goes well with the taste of the smoke. Blends with it rather than overpowers it.

I'm becoming partial to Rolando Reyes Jr. (Churchills,) because they're damn good for the price ($1.20usd.) But then again you're not as concerned with price as I am.

I enjoy my cigars every now and then just out on the porch watching the sunset or gazing at the Sandia mountains, when I want to just chill and relax. If I'm not in a relaxing mood, it's cliche I know, but a cigar and a poker game just go together.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 07:16 AM
Price is a surprisingly big factor for me. Im not going to spend 40 on a cigar that im just going to smoke on the way to work. Thats where my Hmlets come into their own :) at 0.70 each ($1.20) they do well for my drive to work, i save the expensive ones for when i want to enjoy them.

MY cigar man is coming over today :D

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 12:23 PM
My dealer just left, there is now an array of different cigars in my humidor. Costing me 700. I am happy again :D

I tried some Partagas Series D Limited Edition, 2004.

I got a box of 25 for 250 (about $450 US)

I tried a sample and it was NICE, so i bought a box, among others of course.

addison_ii
10-24-05, 12:34 PM
I see you're restocked now MC5. while I don't smoke I do like the sweet smell of tobacco. It probably sounds weird but I do. Soemtimes I buy some inexpensive cigars just for the smell.(I know why buy if I'm not going to use them:hide: ):D

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 12:46 PM
I see you're restocked now MC5. while I don't smoke I do like the sweet smell of tobacco. It probably sounds weird but I do. Soemtimes I buy some inexpensive cigars just for the smell.(I know why buy if I'm not going to use them:hide: ):D

My mother does it. She uses them like insense. Sets and ash tray in her study and sits there doing whatever while the cigar burns away. My wife also likes the smell of cigar tobacco. She asks me to tell her when im going to light a cigar so she can join me LOL.

I, however cannot stand cigarette smoke. But in certain places i am forced to join the stench in smoking shelters outside buildings that smoking is not permitted in.

addison_ii
10-24-05, 12:53 PM
I don't like cigarette smoke either. It lets me know that all the truth.com commercials are indeed true. It doesn't smell the same at all.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 12:59 PM
I don't like cigarette smoke either. It lets me know that all the truth.com commercials are indeed true. It doesn't smell the same at all.

Yeah, i really dont know how people can stink themselves up like that. I have always been the same, i really cant stand the stench. My pals used to tear me up for smoking cigars when i was younger (college and university) but since i dont smoke more than two cigars a day (sometimes none for a few days or even weeks) i am alot less likely to develop anything impleasant. Also because cigars arent meant to be inhaled, there is less chance of lung cancer developing.

Kev
10-24-05, 01:08 PM
There are some pipe tobacco blends that have a very pleasant odor for me. I did quit smoking though, when I was a teenager. I'm glad for that now as I think of all the money I was able to spend on other things, plus, the trade I'm in is hazzardous enough without adding the risks that smoking brings to the table.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 01:13 PM
Yes Kevo, i see your point, working in your trade can be hazardous, i mean, i smoke a cigar for the pleasure element in it, I am certainly not addicted to them, for many years i didnt smoke cigars or cigarettes because i had young children, now my sons both enjoy the occasional cigar with me, id rather a cigar once a month than 20 cigarettes a day, thats for sure.

If i didnt have the money, i wouldn't buy cigars, that is certain.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 01:14 PM
whoops double post

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-24-05, 02:35 PM
A grand on cigars!
Yikes!

That's an expensive habit/hobby!

Then again, if you imagine what some people spend on cigarettes and getting legless in the pub every night...

If you enjoy 'em go for it!

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 02:45 PM
A grand on cigars!
Yikes!

That's an expensive habit/hobby!

Then again, if you imagine what some people spend on cigarettes and getting legless in the pub every night...

If you enjoy 'em go for it!

LOL

It can be pricey, but i see it as being worth it. I mean, some people smoke 20 cigarettes a day, which costs about 4.30, so thats 4.30 x 365.

1500+ a year

I mean that time i spent 1100, the cigars lasted me about 9 months.

I see it as one of those tings you can enjoy regardless of what else is happening arund you, a great way to relax.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-24-05, 02:56 PM
You certainly paint a nice image.

As I'm not a smoker I guess I never realised just how much people spend.

Got to be a good way of spending a warm evening with your feet up sitting on the deck!

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 02:59 PM
You certainly paint a nice image.

As I'm not a smoker I guess I never realised just how much people spend.

Got to be a good way of spending a warm evening with your feet up sitting on the deck!

Yes, it indeed is, or for that matter in front of the fire, or in the Cadillac (Deville is best for doing this in, the businessman's express)

I was surprised until someone told me the average smoker spends that much.

davesdeville
10-25-05, 04:45 AM

Yeah, like the one that states that tobacco companies created AIDS.