: Need selling advice

WhiteLightning
10-23-05, 12:59 PM
Ok...

I've don't need my V anymore... I love it, but don't need it, so away it goes. Its an 04 w/16k miles, clean, extra set of wheels (CCW) a radar detector, short shifter, and that's bout it...

How should I sell it with the LEAST pain. I'm thinking its worth 3Xk (??) and I don't wanna do 100 test drives etc. I just wanna sell it, and I'm willing to take a 1 or 2 thousand dollar hit to lower my hassle.

Whatcha think?

WL

PS Thank you in advance for your help.

Vdrenaline
10-23-05, 01:30 PM
If you are replacing the V with another car, the dealer will definitely buy it from you but not at the best price. However you will have no hassle.

If you are just selling it, first try the Cadillac websites like this one. Submit a post that it is for sale, give the price, details and have lots of photos to email. Any service records are good too. You could also try eBay and you may get someone from far away who will not back out if the car meets the description. Or if you want no hassle, call CarCash (1-800-CAR-CASH). They pay cash for cars but will only pay you what a dealer would.

Sorry you are selling it.

WhiteLightning
10-23-05, 01:56 PM
If you are replacing the V with another car, the dealer will definitely buy it from you but not at the best price. However you will have no hassle.

If you are just selling it, first try the Cadillac websites like this one. Submit a post that it is for sale, give the price, details and have lots of photos to email. Any service records are good too. You could also try eBay and you may get someone from far away who will not back out if the car meets the description. Or if you want no hassle, call CarCash (1-800-CAR-CASH). They pay cash for cars but will only pay you what a dealer would.

Sorry you are selling it.

Thank you, seems sound. Any idea what I should ask/expect?

WL

urbanski
10-23-05, 02:43 PM
post your car in our classified section
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/

Dave's V
10-23-05, 06:17 PM
Sell the wheels separately, otherwise you won't get anything from them at the dealer.

Try selling with a dealer first. Add a few thousand if you desire to sell it privately. Most dealers seem to be about the same if you stay in the same area.

GNSCOTT
10-23-05, 06:39 PM
Take it for what it is worth, but I was offered $31k by a chevy dealer for mine yesterday. 04 w/roof, 21k miles. I thought that was pretty good (isn't that sad).

WhiteLightning
10-23-05, 09:57 PM
post your car in our classified section
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/

As suggested:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1024&sort=1&cat=23&page=1

WL

CVP33
10-23-05, 10:21 PM
WL,

Someone will be snatching that up QUICK! Sorry to see you go. I reposted your ad on LS1TECH and LS1GTO. Just trying to help.

chris

WhiteLightning
10-24-05, 12:10 AM
WL,

Someone will be snatching that up QUICK! Sorry to see you go. I reposted your ad on LS1TECH and LS1GTO. Just trying to help.

chris

Thank you for the help. I feel if I'm not using it... someone should. No engineer ever thought... GOLLY GEE, wouldn't this look nice in someone's garage? No, they thought, when its in the middle of that turn, and the throttle is applied, the suspension are I designed will not flex, and the driver will love it. So, it should be used. (PS, I have a Vertemati Supermoto for sale as well. Same reason really)

TXSilverV
10-24-05, 07:51 AM
How much for the extra set of wheels?

WhiteLightning
10-24-05, 08:47 AM
How much for the extra set of wheels?

Sorry, I'm trying not to part it out. If the buyer doesn't want the stock wheels (with non runflats), then I'll sell the set for 900? They are a touch scuffed, but loads of miles left. The shifter ain't coming out. AND, the radar detector is only coming out if I keep it.

WL

WhiteLightning
10-25-05, 09:49 AM
WL,

chris

Thank you for the added exposure. However, I don't get how this works. Over 260 views and I don't have any messages or contact. (how would it come? a PM?)

Is the price too high? I can drop to 32? I just want someone to use it and be happy.

WL

ualdriver
10-25-05, 10:04 AM
Have you tried putting it up for sale on car.com or autotrader.com? It costs about 40 bucks for each service to run it until it sells. That's where I found my V!

Falkolade
10-25-05, 10:20 AM
hmmm.... I was offered 26k at the dealer for mine! ! ! black raven, sunroof, tinted windows, but the passenger side of the car is keyed, and there are a lot of cig burns on the inside... I thold the dealer "i'd think about it" b/c i am looking to move up to an xlr... The fun factor is top notch... The resale value is pathetic! ! !

10-25-05, 01:29 PM
there are a lot of cig burns on the inside... !

Yet another good reason to quit smoking.

Just for curiosity, how many broken butts from shifting into 3rd or 5th gear?

Daffy
10-25-05, 01:44 PM
Best of luck with the sale, looks like a great car.

For what you get out there at this price, this is such a great deal, it's a shame the price point is this low.

I think a big part is the marketing by GM, so many people don't know about this car. I know I didn't, I fell over mine, otherwise I never even researched caddy as a contender.

Again, real beauty, hope you get the most $ you can, it's sure worth it!

Dave.

Jon
10-25-05, 01:47 PM
hmmm.... I was offered 26k at the dealer for mine! ! ! black raven, sunroof, tinted windows, but the passenger side of the car is keyed, and there are a lot of cig burns on the inside... I thold the dealer "i'd think about it" b/c i am looking to move up to an xlr... The fun factor is top notch... The resale value is pathetic! ! !
Would you sell it to someone for $26k?

Falkolade
10-25-05, 02:52 PM
I'd like to hit 30... I would prefer to just "trade it in" b/c my ride is in rough shape... but we'll see i am in the market for an xlr, so i'd have to see the deal they are giving me, with and without the trade... But I am hopping for 30k.

WhiteLightning
10-26-05, 05:34 PM
Quite bizarre. A car dealer will give me 30, but I'm not sure I want a car (and the trade was introduced after selling price was negotiated).

So, a dealer can give 30, but I have no bites at 32,5? Odd. I don't really wish to let a dealer make money. The car has hundreds of views. I don't get it.

WL

globed70
10-26-05, 06:18 PM
Nothing bizzare.... cars take time to move. Even well priced cars take time to move. Part of the country is heading into winter, so less buyers. Unless you put your car on a fire sale, it may take weeks or months. In the past, I've sold a Viper, a Porsche, and an M5. All 18-24 months old, all priced at the low end of other asking prices... and it took a few months for all of them. I did get a decent deal on my wife's X5 from CarMax, maybe give them a ring.

Jon
10-26-05, 06:32 PM
Quite bizarre. A car dealer will give me 30, but I'm not sure I want a car (and the trade was introduced after selling price was negotiated).

So, a dealer can give 30, but I have no bites at 32,5? Odd. I don't really wish to let a dealer make money. The car has hundreds of views. I don't get it.

WL
If you'll take 30 from a dealer, why not list it here for 30?

I like your car... I just don't know how troublesome it would be to import to Canada, and if warranty would be honoured by dealers up here.

Dennisscars
10-26-05, 10:14 PM
Kindaofa jack, but advise too.
Can somebody give me an idea of what the lease residual of an '04 is going to be this time next year or at the end of a three year?

My goal is to buy a lease turn in of an '04, my plan is to get into another one (cheap) and make a full on track car. I like tracking my "friends" but don't want to use it up the '05. Or should I wait till everyone is 3 feet under snow?

If there are some '04's still on the lot this time next year, we're all in trouble...

WhiteLightning
10-29-05, 07:58 PM
If you'll take 30 from a dealer, why not list it here for 30?

I like your car... I just don't know how troublesome it would be to import to Canada, and if warranty would be honoured by dealers up here.

Thirty US huh? Check the ad. I'm down to 31,5. I think its very fair. I'd prefer to sell it outright, instead of trading it in. But if I have to trade, I'll trade.

WL

Jon
10-29-05, 08:02 PM
Thirty US huh? Check the ad. I'm down to 31,5. I think its very fair. I'd prefer to sell it outright, instead of trading it in. But if I have to trade, I'll trade.

WL
I'm gonna talk to my dad, and find out if I can get warranty service on a US car in Canada.

WhiteLightning
11-04-05, 04:00 PM
I'm gonna talk to my dad, and find out if I can get warranty service on a US car in Canada.

Ok gang-

I'm ready to list it big time. Where shoud I go? AutoTrader? I'm gunna put it at 30. Its pretty clean, I like it (alot). So I think it should move at that price.

Ideas?

WL

CVP33
11-04-05, 07:33 PM
This car should've sold twice by now. $30K is more than fair.

Jon
11-05-05, 07:26 PM
I'm trying to get it...