: Headers.. Are they worth it?

harbinger225
10-23-05, 04:06 AM
Has anybody tried "TOG" headers? Are they really worth the price? They look to be good and all, but I just don't know if I can stomach the price.

http://performance-exhaust-headers.com/cadillac/cadillac-escalade-600222.html

Also, is the ceramic coating something you guys would recommend?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

honda4x4nut
10-23-05, 10:49 AM
I am not sure on the performance of these headers but, I did have a set of edelbrock headers on my last truck a chevy silverado w/5.3L V8. They are nice and a good improvement, granted that there are equally upgraded cat back exhaust and intake, a computer programmer will help too. These are all my next big thing to do. The Edelbrocks were only like $300.00 or so for the chevy so a 6.0 should not be much more. Good luck with your decision.

slimm44
10-23-05, 12:52 PM
if you already have intake and exhaust, headers are a good buy IMO.

DenverEXT
10-23-05, 01:56 PM
If you decide on headers, I would go with the ceramic coated. I run ceramic coated Hooker Comps on my race car. It helps keep the heat inside the header tubes thus reducing engine compartment heat and improves exhaust scavaging.

ALLeyez187onME
10-23-05, 10:06 PM
i suggest a full system, from headers to cat's to full exhaust. and if possible an intake too. that can usually increase horsepower dramatically.

harbinger225
10-24-05, 04:17 AM
So I should have other exhaust mods first? I want to gain the power but I don't want it to sound so... un-Cadillac. You know what I mean?

hcvone
10-24-05, 07:47 AM
TOG (The Other Guys) headers are good, I know several people that have them, also SuperMaxx has good truck headers, I know several people with them. Get the coating, it makes the headers last longer, and keeps the underhood temp lower too. With headers and a good exhaust system you will gain 30-40 hp, well worth it. :)

harbinger225
10-29-05, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the replies

cadnathan
10-29-05, 02:36 AM
If you want a clean sounding exhaust that does not sound too throaty or loud, go with Corsa. It sounds a tad louder than stock. Under acceleration, it sounds great!

BTW, I have tried B&B, no mufflers, Corsa, and Borla. Corsa is the best, then Band B, Borla, then no mufflers (no mufflers is the meanest/loudest - definately un-Caddy like).