: Easiest way to gain 50 HP to my 03 Escalade?

mikeee
10-23-05, 12:41 AM
I want to gain about 50 horse on my 5.3 engine. I dont want to do anything crazy like turbo's and what not, but i'd like to get some suggessions from you all about efficient ways to increase horsepower without draining my bank account, and also without killing my tranny. Maybe 50 is too much, I dont know exactly how much difference that would make. My truck picks up speed great, but after 45 mph it reminds me of my 97 yukon.

ALLeyez187onME
10-23-05, 02:02 AM
Headers, exhaust, intake, performance chip/tuner. you'll easily get anywhere from 60-70 hp.

Rolex
10-23-05, 06:34 PM
The least expensive way to gain horse power is nitrous oxide. You can change the jets on NOS systems to control the size of the NO shot....which will keep you from over doing it. The dry systems are also an easy project for the do-it-yourself-er. :D

Falkolade
10-24-05, 12:52 AM
Not to be a hater BUT... you should've gone with the 6.0

mikeee
10-24-05, 02:07 AM
Not to be a hater BUT... you should've gone with the 6.0
Well, I have no use for all wheel drive, and it will be maintenance hell when due time. No thanks. I'll stick with the 5.3L. Anyway... This thread really isnt about my choice, its specific to my question. Thanks for the replies.

hcvone
10-24-05, 08:51 AM
Long tube headers, exhaust, air intake and computer tuning will give you 40-50 hp on your engine. :)

kippjones
10-24-05, 10:20 PM
Long tube headers, exhaust, air intake and computer tuning will give you 40-50 hp on your engine. :)

What happens to mileage with these mods???

Rolex
10-24-05, 10:31 PM
What happens to mileage with these mods???

Mileage tends to decrease dramatically after mods because to really appreciate the extra power you'll spend most of your time with your right foot to the floor. I'm not trying to be cute, that's usually what happens. :o :D

D148L0
10-24-05, 10:37 PM
Two "Type R" and one "Turbo" stickers will give you at least 60+ HP...

heh.

slimm44
10-24-05, 11:27 PM
Mileage tends to decrease dramatically after mods because to really appreciate the extra power you'll spend most of your time with your right foot to the floor. I'm not trying to be cute, that's usually what happens. :o :D
very good point, but if you can control yourself and drive like you did before, you'll get a slight increase in mileage with most mods (not supercharger).

boatmanea
10-25-05, 12:03 AM
Two "Type R" and one "Turbo" stickers will give you at least 60+ HP...
heh.

Add a rediculous "picnic basket" tail, hood scoop, carbon fiber hood, colored windhield wipers, undercarriage neon, ground effects, chinese character and NOS stickers, racing seats with 5-point restraints, and a fart-pipe and you'll be supersonic!

ALLeyez187onME
10-26-05, 06:37 PM
coming from someone who actually has installed headers/exhaust/intake and performance tuner on my truck. i saw a GREAT decrease in gas mileage no matter how slow or fast i drive. it usually tends to stay around the same, but it does decrease ur gas mileage with these upgrades. You'll usually see 11-12 mpg instead of dad's stock 05 who gets 16 mpg......so yea expect more frequent stops at the gas station.

Synergetic
10-26-05, 10:38 PM
coming from someone who actually has installed headers/exhaust/intake and performance tuner on my truck. i saw a GREAT decrease in gas mileage no matter how slow or fast i drive. it usually tends to stay around the same, but it does decrease ur gas mileage with these upgrades. You'll usually see 11-12 mpg instead of dad's stock 05 who gets 16 mpg......so yea expect more frequent stops at the gas station.

Well said, and I agree.