: Throttle Position Sensor relearn ??

Wgoin1988
07-23-14, 11:13 PM
I have an 02 Seville... Is this relearning process necessary? I replaced the tps and it ran well I then realigned the screws as I lost one in the replacing process. After I did this it started running irratic again. I also didn't disconnect the battery on installation or when rescrewing. The new part also began revving at 4+k rpms, I am gonna return the part. But is the battery that important and should I do a relearn cycle?

Submariner409
07-24-14, 10:16 AM
The thread you found and posted to was dead for over 9 years and the respondents are no longer here. Please check your profile settings to view latest posts first - that way you always see the latest and greatest, not long-dead and possibly obsolete advice.

basscatt
07-24-14, 06:47 PM
I have an 02 Seville... Is this relearning process necessary? I replaced the tps and it ran well I then realigned the screws as I lost one in the replacing process. After I did this it started running irratic again. I also didn't disconnect the battery on installation or when rescrewing. The new part also began revving at 4+k rpms, I am gonna return the part. But is the battery that important and should I do a relearn cycle?
--------------------------
I replaced the tps and it ran well \
I then realigned the screws
as I lost one in the replacing process.
you can't simply bolt in a new TPS -
there is a special procedure that MUST be followed -
to SET-UP the new TPS -

brougham
08-09-14, 01:25 PM
Just keep in mind if you look for it in the forum that you are looking at the right TPS setup. It seems to vary a bit, especially if someone used the wrong terminology for a 4.9L post.

Submariner409
08-10-14, 11:53 AM
Wut ??

drewsdeville
08-13-14, 07:05 PM
--------------------------
I replaced the tps and it ran well \
I then realigned the screws
as I lost one in the replacing process.
you can't simply bolt in a new TPS -
there is a special procedure that MUST be followed -
to SET-UP the new TPS -

A '02 N* uses a IAC, and the throttle is physically non-adjustable - which means closed throttle has to be a real closed throttle. What kind of 'setup' would the TPS need? It should bolt on in only one position... Plug and play, no?

What's 're-aligning the screws'?

MoistCabbage
08-13-14, 07:10 PM
Yup. Plug and play, no adjustments or setup possible.