: Coolant stop leak

10-22-05, 02:07 PM
I've read about those little brown disks (biscuits) you can buy to try to stop leaking coolant, but I can't find any reference of its brand name in the forum. I looked for it at AutoZone, etc., but they don't seem to carry such a thing around here. If someone could tell me the brand I'd really appreciate it.

El Dobro
10-22-05, 03:28 PM
You can use either GM suppliment #3634621 or Barsleak HDC, both are the same thing. If you're having a problem, it's usually the oil cooler on Cateras. The best thing to do is to have it repaired.

10-22-05, 10:02 PM
Thanks, El Dobro. I am planning to have the cooler checked soon - it is, after all, one of the more common "challenges" with the ol' Cat. :rant2: