Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I spied an ATSL today in Miami

7K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  100%_N1 
#1 ·

Looks like a 2.8T engine too?

See less See more
#7 ·
The first problem is the ATS-L is only like 4" longer than the normal sedan - from that angle it's hard to tell if it's even actually the ATS-L or a badge stuck on there.

The second problem is the 2.8L is dead. The 2.8L doesn't go into the ATS, in any form. Especially in China (the 2.8L TTV6 drank fuel, burned oil, and wasn't very reliable) which is the ATS-L's market.

I can't make out the trunk badging on the right side.

And even then the badging is in the wrong location for all ATS models - the badges are always at the bottom of the trunk lid, not the top.

Color me confused.
I was too confused! I happened to pass by a Caddy dealer earlier and I stopped by to ask around for some info and even they were taken back! There happened to be a GM rep there and he asked me to send him the picture lol.

I've also seen an ATS with a red Turbo badge underneath the ATS badge, tried to get a photo of that one but it eluded me. I've enlarged it and I'm 95% confident that a 2 and a 8 also.

#4 ·
The first problem is the ATS-L is only like 4" longer than the normal sedan - from that angle it's hard to tell if it's even actually the ATS-L or a badge stuck on there.

The second problem is the 2.8L is dead. The 2.8L doesn't go into the ATS, in any form. Especially in China (the 2.8L TTV6 drank fuel, burned oil, and wasn't very reliable) which is the ATS-L's market.

I can't make out the trunk badging on the right side.

And even then the badging is in the wrong location for all ATS models - the badges are always at the bottom of the trunk lid, not the top.

Color me confused.

#15 ·
#13 ·
There is a lot of things going on different with that car. Different diffuser. Chrome strip on the bottom of doors, Folding mirrors,Old Caddy logo. And you can tell it is an L. It is longer for sure. And i know I'm wrong but it looks wider. It might as well be a CTS.

#21 ·
Long shot but the Chinese believe 8 is a lucky number and they tend to be a very superstitious people. 4, on the other hand, is an unlucky number.

----------

Oh and I'd bet a paycheck that the ATS-L you guys are seeing has power folding mirrors. They did the same with the STS. US never got power folding, export did. Never understood that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.