: V-Series?

Ryusou
10-21-05, 09:32 AM
DO they have a V-Series for Escalase EXT?
hmm never mind cuz if there was one, it would have showed at the cadillac site...or am I wrong. anyways....
Right around when I just first got my ESV, I stopped by the dealer to pick up my stock rims. In one of the stalls was a cool EXT with 24's. Then I noticed the side emblem, it had a V-series logo on it along with the normal escalade emblem. The owner was one of the sales rep inside but I didnt know who exactly who it was. The owner must've been real proud because even his license plate was a vanity plate spelling "LADE V"

hcvone
10-21-05, 10:01 AM
They talked last year about a V Escalade, I have not heard anything in a while about it.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
10-21-05, 01:06 PM
YES, kind of in a way but better. i'm changing out my factory grill to a Dimond wire grill adding a S/C and have already added CAI, Corsa exhaust, 22's MOMO with Baer racing brakes increased to 14" disc's all around and V badges.

slimm44
10-21-05, 04:21 PM
YES, kind of in a way but better. i'm changing out my factory grill to a Dimond wire grill adding a S/C and have already added CAI, Corsa exhaust, 22's MOMO with Baer racing brakes increased to 14" disc's all around and V badges.
that doesn't make it a V-series Escalade. there is no V-Series Escalade, nor will there be (in this body style at least).

DenverEXT
10-21-05, 05:17 PM
that doesn't make it a V-series Escalade. there is no V-Series Escalade, nor will there be (in this body style at least).

And painting red and white stripes on it wouldn't make it a candy cane either, but who cares if that's what he wants to do to his truck. It's called "customizing". It's something different that few (if any) others have done.

slimm44
10-21-05, 06:48 PM
And painting red and white stripes on it wouldn't make it a candy cane either, but who cares if that's what he wants to do to his truck. It's called "customizing". It's something different that few (if any) others have done.
customizing has nothing to do with this discussion. the original question was "DO they have a V-Series for Escalase EXT?" he answered "YES, kind of in a way but better." then i corrected him. the simple fact is there is no V-Series Escalade.

i do think putting V-Series badges on anything that didn't come with them stock is rice. maybe not as rice as putting Type-R badges on, but its still rice.

fast66
10-21-05, 08:11 PM
i do think putting V-Series badges on anything that didn't come with them stock is rice. maybe not as rice as putting Type-R badges on, but its still rice.

EXACTLY, its liek putting a 600 on the back of your s class when its really a 320. Be proud of what you buy and make it your own, not a wannabe. Also there are no V badges in Escalade's xlarge size.

tcorbett
10-21-05, 08:15 PM
Talked to my dealer and he said ther will for sure be a V-series Escalade by 2007. He said that he had heard that the pricing will be around the same as the platinum around $70,000.

slimm44
10-21-05, 08:47 PM
Talked to my dealer and he said ther will for sure be a V-series Escalade by 2007. He said that he had heard that the pricing will be around the same as the platinum around $70,000.
i'll believe it when i see it. in any case, a 2007 V-Series will be on the GMT900 platform (not this body style).

T-Dizzy
10-22-05, 09:18 AM
To rice, or not to rice, that is the question.

I wouldn't just slap the badges on without the meat to back it up - My EXT V is supercharged, dropped, stiffened, tuned, and soon to have an aero kit to match up with the rest of the V-series - and it is certainly a "Cadillac Under 5" like the rest of them, too. Even makes the guys at the dealership snoop around it!

Attachés below...

- T

Boombotz
10-22-05, 09:24 AM
very nice :thumbsup: :worship:

Ryusou
10-22-05, 09:28 AM
very nice indeed.
sorry what does stiffened means?

T-Dizzy
10-22-05, 12:51 PM
The suspension is stiffened up so it doesn't ride as 'squishy' as stock.

- T

Boombotz
10-22-05, 12:58 PM

- T

What did you do upgrade the shocks and sway bars.

Hellcat-1500
10-24-05, 12:58 AM
I saw a GM prototype photo in o2 of a blacked out ext and I think it had V badging.
I did install the V badging on my truck along with the GM 20's
But I thought I should make it go as well as show.
So, I installed a vortech supercharger, JBA headers, super chips programer, larger injectors, air raid intake, ram air hood by good hood and a corsa touring exhaust.
Other than not having a mesh grille it now looks how a real factory V should. ( if they would have made one!)
Now it will run 14.40s in the 1/4 at 95 mph. which is not bad for a 6200 lb box on wheels.
other than nitrous, does Any one have any other tricks to make this thing a bit quicker?
Thanks , Bill

Ryusou
10-24-05, 07:13 AM

- T
So in other words "bouncy"?

slimm44
10-24-05, 12:27 PM
other than nitrous, does Any one have any other tricks to make this thing a bit quicker?
Thanks , Bill
cam.