: anybody used an iPod neo ion in their esclade?

gort
10-19-05, 10:11 PM
www.mp3yourcar.com

I want to get this for my 02 escalade. I was curious if anybody here has used one. Looks like I'd lose the functionality of my 6 disc changer but I never use it anyways (I'm currently using a casette adapter).

ALLeyez187onME
10-20-05, 11:46 PM
that looks pretty good, but i dont think it will sound much different than a cassette player ipod connector. but also if you get an aftermarket head unit, you should use the Y adaptor to connect your ipod direct to ur head unit, thats the best quality you can get. thats what i have on mine althought it was a bitch to install.

99escalademan
10-21-05, 09:55 AM
yea the Y cable is the way to go. I have a jvc deck and use the alpine cd changer to rca end cable. And then from the rca to a mini which i can plug into the ipod,xm radio. etc The rca to mini is monster cable which makes it really loud and clear.

afederico
10-21-05, 04:26 PM
i USE AN I-RIVER FM TRANSMITTER AND IT WORKS GREAT NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. PERFECT RECEPTION

Falkolade
10-22-05, 12:58 PM
I just use the iTrip in my caddy truck. after you find the correct station with the least amount of static its fine, and works great. It's worth a try for 39 bucks.