: Smashed Rear Window

spiceman
10-19-05, 05:34 PM
Some a--hole smashed the rear window of my Black 2005 Lade last night. They took my JL Audio subwoofer box. I'm so f-cking angry. My dealer has to replace the entire window as well at the lightbar on top. These oart s are backordered with GMAC and won't be in for 2-3 weeks. All that for a $250 speaker box. Almost makes you not want to buy anything nice cuz some thief always has they're eyes on your sh-t. Happened right in front of the crib. The damn factory alarm didn't even go off.

blingblingcv
10-19-05, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. It is true that these people have nothing better to do than rob and steal stuff. So you have 2 ride around for 2 weeks with a smashed window?

Synergetic
10-19-05, 07:10 PM
There you go... get an aftermarket alarm. Hopefully insurance will cover your subs as 'extras' and replace them. Good luck and sorry about the loss!

spiceman
10-19-05, 07:23 PM
I had to get the truck out of the rain so, I copped a rental for the next couple of weeks. A f--cking Explorer. It's like going from staying at the Ritz to Motel 6. Insurance will cover the damage on the Lade but they won't pay for the sub. $500 deductible will do it to you everytime. Once I get it the truck back I'm not even going to bring it home. Going straight to the aftermarket alarm shop. I think I'm going to cop the Viper one with the 2-way pager and remote starter. I think it has a glass break and shock sensor.

hcvone
10-19-05, 07:38 PM
Where do you live?

Synergetic
10-19-05, 10:01 PM
I think it has a glass break and shock sensor.

Bingo. Now your talking!! This is what I got.

fast66
10-20-05, 03:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-SUBURBAN-CHEVY-TAHOE-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-REAR-GLASS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33686QQitemZ80071 03789QQrdZ1

slk230mb
10-20-05, 11:15 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-SUBURBAN-CHEVY-TAHOE-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-REAR-GLASS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33686QQitemZ80071 03789QQrdZ1

I don't think that will fit the Escalde. That has the notch out for the 3rd brake light for the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe, not our strip light.

fast66
10-20-05, 01:29 PM
I don't think that will fit the Escalde. That has the notch out for the 3rd brake light for the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe, not our strip light.

i was thinking the same thing, i just happened to be looking at ebay for escalade lights at the same time I saw this thread.

slk230mb
10-20-05, 02:29 PM
i was thinking the same thing, i just happened to be looking at ebay for escalade lights at the same time I saw this thread.

I would hate to be the guy who buys that for an Escalade.

slimm44
10-20-05, 05:52 PM
I don't think that will fit the Escalde. That has the notch out for the 3rd brake light for the Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe, not our strip light. it would fit, but you'd have to run the chevy/gmc third brake light. i know a few people who have swapped the chevy/gmc back glass and third brake light assembly for the escalade one.

Falkolade
10-20-05, 11:32 PM
Factory alarms suck ! ! ! I don't have rims or subs, so I feel no need to add an aftermarket alarm. The passenger side of my Escalade was keyed once though and its sucks that people envy your stuff so much they have to destroy it...