: Transfering Mileage to new Cluster panel

mikeee
10-19-05, 02:43 PM
Anyone know how to do this? Also has anyone installed one of jpcustoms clusters? Is it as easy as they make it sound?

slimm44
10-19-05, 03:08 PM
take it to the dealer to transfer the mileage. it is a piece of cake to swap them out. four small bolts total.

mikeee
10-19-05, 03:15 PM
Cool. I dont wanna use the dealer really. Anyone know or have a link to a decent "how to"?

CadillacGrillz
10-19-05, 03:20 PM
but for what would u want the mileage to appear cant it start from zero

mikeee
10-19-05, 03:30 PM
Yeah it will start from zero, but I dont want to ruin my resale value with incorrect mileage.

wht2000
10-19-05, 03:42 PM
Not to mention it's illegal, too. Take it to the dealer, this way they can certify. I think some states require an affadavit.

mikeee
10-19-05, 04:07 PM
You dont need a dealer for everything. I've got serious issues with the dealer in my town, maybe if I go out of town i'll use another. Anyway, its not illegal in ANY state to replace a cluster panel and not transfer mileage, what is illegal is to not disclose that the mileage is incorrect.

Anyway, I want to keep my mileage the same I dont care about going to zero, I just wanted intructions to transfer it. I think I'll ask the guys at the local audio shop and see what resources they have. thanks for the replies.

slimm44
10-19-05, 07:28 PM
You dont need a dealer for everything. you do for this. thats why my cluster says 5500 miles instead of 24500 right now.

Fast Eddie
10-19-05, 09:02 PM
JPcustoms.com will do it for about $75. I just recently sent my cluster there to be updated for my old avalanche. I overnighted it to them and got my cluster back in about 4 days from when I sent it.

mikeee
10-19-05, 09:32 PM
JPcustoms.com will do it for about $75. I just recently sent my cluster there to be updated for my old avalanche. I overnighted it to them and got my cluster back in about 4 days from when I sent it.
Thanks. Yeah I knew for sure you dont need a dealer for this, or anything else for that matter.