: ...pacing back and forth

Peet
10-18-05, 08:36 PM
What's story with the 06?! This waiting is killing me. I've pretty much made up my mind to go 06, but I'm going to lose it and go german soon! LOL

Florian
10-18-05, 09:33 PM
Peet,

patience is a V-irtue. Keep your head together, man! The V is the shizzle, the Ubermetal will bow before you.....suck it up and wait it out!

F

rand49er
10-18-05, 09:55 PM
... I'm going to lose it and go german soon!
The '06 V will be out long before you could score an M ... someone else posted here that the best he could do was delivery of his M5 in January ... you're probably looking at February by now.:tisk:

Peet
10-19-05, 01:03 PM
My 'backup' is an S4. I know I know, 100 ponies lighter, but what a great drive. Seeing as I'm not doing hole shots on 1/4 mile strips - the S4 can keep its own. And right now, they can be had for amazing prices (47k on a 55k car - amazing for an Audi!).

back to pacing...

P

thefly
10-19-05, 01:35 PM
join the club, i have been dying to drive an '06. the improvements are worth it to me getting an LS2 and not an LS6. though i feel like i will see a 2007 at the detroit auto show in january before seeing a 2006...

Vrocks
10-19-05, 01:53 PM
I've been waiting as well... Dealers should have more information about it by tomorrow (Thursday / 20th).

Peet
10-20-05, 12:50 PM
Vrocks: why tomorrow? What makes the 20th special?

I too am mainly in the 06 mindframe for the ls2 (better MPG! - me=cheap)

Vrocks
10-20-05, 02:08 PM
Vrocks: why tomorrow? What makes the 20th special?
I too am mainly in the 06 mindframe for the ls2 (better MPG! - me=cheap)
I'll know later today if the CTS-V is still on hold. Hopefully one of the supporting dealers will have some good news to report.

-uplink-
10-20-05, 06:59 PM
The Cadillac website has been fixed to allow you to build a V now. Looks like the only options are FG2, tires and the usual block heater ( :cookoo: ). They don't show the rear deck spoiler option.
I've searched the entire Tri-state area and it doesn't list any V's in any dealer inventory.
-Mike

Vrocks
10-20-05, 08:25 PM
The CTS-V is still on hold this week...................... at least they're fixing the problem(s) before they release the car.

kjr39
10-20-05, 09:37 PM
If they keep this up and it is well into winter before I can get my hands on one, I might as well wait until spring to buy one. I don't want to drive it in crappy weather....

Peet
10-20-05, 10:39 PM
fark. GM will do a nice job of driving me to audi - no pun intended.

I need to buy snow tires for my current car, or for my V if I buy one, or for my Audi if I buy one... but no way in hell am I buying tires for my car now and throwing all that money away in spring. This is really agravating!

Vrocks
10-20-05, 11:27 PM
fark. GM will do a nice job of driving me to audi - no pun intended.
I need to buy snow tires for my current car, or for my V if I buy one, or for my Audi if I buy one... but no way in hell am I buying tires for my car now and throwing all that money away in spring. This is really agravating!
When or if you order the '06 don't spend the extra $550 for the OPTIONAL F1's. Get the all season tires that are offered, that way you won't waste the F1's through the winter.

I can tell you that snow and the V don't mix, no matter what tire you put on. I've been using the Dunlop M3 Sports which are excellent for snow tires but if I had to do it over, I would purchase a set of all season tires. Which is what I'm doing for my next CTS-V or STS-V (yes, the other V :yup: ).

kjr39
10-24-05, 01:30 PM
The CTS-V is still on hold this week...................... at least they're fixing the problem(s) before they release the car.

what about this week? Any news?

Vrocks
10-24-05, 02:10 PM
what about this week? Any news?
As soon as I hear something I'll make sure that I post it in this thread (I probably won't hear anything until Thursday).