: Glass for side mirror ...

outofdablue
10-18-05, 12:09 AM
As posted in my previous thread, my passenger side signal on the mirror stop blinking. Well, instead of waiting to take it to the dealer, I had to be a dumb-ass and tried to take it apart. THE F*CKING glass breaks !!!:banghead: Well needless to say, but I need a new glass. Anyone know where I can get a OE CHEAP ? ? ? DEALER WANTS $259 :thepan:

slimm44
10-18-05, 03:50 AM
if you have the part number, gmpartsdirect.com is usually pretty cheap.

outofdablue
10-18-05, 11:47 AM
Made up my mind last night to go to the dealer and just pay overprice $260 for the glass. I'm really anal like most of you guys about my truck. I couldn't wait for the whole gmpartsdirect thing. So I decided I would buy it from the dealer. I go this morning and as I'm ordering the part there was a technician waiting to get a part and he overheard my conversation. He told me that I should try to get my serv. rep to cover it under warranty. I told him that I broke the mirror myself trying to get it off. He tells me it doesn't hurt to ask, and it sure beats paying $300 for the part. So he walks over to the serv. rep and ask himself. Well, he comes back with a work order and says they can cover it :worship: . He wrote down there was a bad connector and they covered it. I was ecstatic :bouncy: and of course I gave him a nice tip.

dnyce617
10-18-05, 12:21 PM
So did you get any of the liquid on the paint? That stuff is nasty.

slk230mb
10-18-05, 12:47 PM
Made up my mind last night to go to the dealer and just pay overprice $260 for the glass. I'm really anal like most of you guys about my truck. I couldn't wait for the whole gmpartsdirect thing. So I decided I would buy it from the dealer. I go this morning and as I'm ordering the part there was a technician waiting to get a part and he overheard my conversation. He told me that I should try to get my serv. rep to cover it under warranty. I told him that I broke the mirror myself trying to get it off. He tells me it doesn't hurt to ask, and it sure beats paying $300 for the part. So he walks over to the serv. rep and ask himself. Well, he comes back with a work order and says they can cover it :worship: . He wrote down there was a bad connector and they covered it. I was ecstatic :bouncy: and of course I gave him a nice tip.

Nice. But does it blink now? ;)

outofdablue
10-19-05, 12:50 PM
yeah everything works now. I think the connectors got loose of the blinkers. I usually use a leaf blower to dry my truck and kinda knocked the wire loose. As for the liquid, I had an experience with the liquid stuff b4 so when the mirror crack I took it right off.