: E-Mail from GM

louisn
10-17-05, 05:56 PM
Signed up for e-mail diagnostic service on my SRX . Just received an e-mail showing Oil Life, onstar phone minutes remaining, and my exact mileage and telling me that no maintenance was required. Pretty cool that they know all that. :worship:

Don73
10-17-05, 06:17 PM
How did you do that?

louisn
10-18-05, 07:41 AM
I went to my GM homelink page and signed up. After registering for or signing in for Homelink, click on your vehicle. Then follow the instructions to get the e-mail service. I think that link is on the bottom right of the screen. They need your VIN number and your onstar account number to get the e-mail service. https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=gmcomhp

DVC-Don
10-18-05, 07:52 PM
I just tried to sign up the wifes SRX, but it said this service was not available for this model. 2004, V-6, AWD.

louisn
10-18-05, 08:28 PM
I just tried to sign up the wifes SRX, but it said this service was not available for this model. 2004, V-6, AWD.
I have a 2004 V-8 all wheel drive. I had been advised somehow (maybe on this board) that the diagnostic service was not available for our vehicles but somehow mine worked as far as the oil life, phone minutes and my actual mileage. I was surprised. :confused: The e-mail had my exact mileage and oil life. MiRACLE?

DVC-Don
10-18-05, 09:59 PM
Funny part is, the mileage is listed on our mygmlink home page and I had OnStar diagnose a Check Engine light a few weeks ago.:cookoo: