: 99 Catera timing belt recalls?

Theresa
10-17-05, 10:09 AM
I have been told my timing belt is broke, I heard there was a recall. Does anyone know if there is, and where I can find it?

inconnu
10-17-05, 11:35 AM
Go to your caddy dealer give your VIN number for the car,its located in on the front wind shield,was your timing belt broke while driving? if yes then you are in big trouble and dont start identical threads,the mods might not like it.

Theresa
10-17-05, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the information, I did contact my dealer, the only recalls are on seat belts and one other thing but I can't remember, but those are both closed. Thank you tho.

theresa

NJ_Catera
10-18-05, 07:42 AM
Seeing that you have a '99, I'm sure there was a recall, but probably years ago. Hopefully the '99s don't have the same problem my '97 had when the timing belt broke.

~DIRTY~
10-18-05, 11:57 PM
I have a 99 sport , and there was a recall on I think the timing belt tension pully. I just had it done 4 months ago.

Theresa
10-19-05, 05:07 AM
I was hoping I wouldn't either. But a friend was looking into having my Catera fixed, and called the dealer. He gave them my VIN and it appears that there has already been 2 big jobs done before I got the car, which was only 4 months ago. The service manager told my friend, in his opinion, it wouldn't be worth putting the money in it. They quoted me $350, and that is if only the timing belt has to be replaced. We are thinking about just buying another motor now!

NJ_Catera
10-19-05, 07:25 AM
$350 isn't bad at all, especially for this car. These motors aren't exactly cheap....

inconnu
10-19-05, 11:35 AM
Like NJ said 350 isnt bad at all,if i were you i will jump on that but then all depends if everything else is alright with the motor or not i mean no leaking coolants in the oil ,low oil pressure etc etc,if everything else is alright 350 is for the timing belt is cheap