: Not the oil cooler

Brosepe
10-15-05, 09:10 PM
I just changed my oil cooler but still have oil in my coolant. I used the files here and at the yahoo group as a reference, So I hope I did it right. The problem that I'm having is that I have flushed the radiator a couple of times, but after driving the car it seems like there is new oil in it. I then decicided to check the oil level and it was about a quart low. I maybe drove like 20 miles after the install. That was after letting it idle in my driveway for an hour to make sure that there were no leaks.Lets say that the new cooler and parts from dealer are not defective and I installed everything correctly. Is there anything else that would cause oil to mix with the coolant? Could it be a blown head gasket? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brosepe
10-16-05, 04:27 PM
I think I solved my oil problem. Before I changed the oil cooler I had the car overheat on me. I flushed the coolant a couple of more times and there is less oil in it each time. While I was waiting for the car to cool inbetween radiatior flushes I started looking for oil leaks. I checked my plugs and found oil. So I guess the overheating warped my valve covers.