: What is the Amp draw

bengsxr
10-14-05, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know the proper amp draw for the catera while it is not running just wondering.

NJ_Catera
10-14-05, 02:41 PM
I think our Cateras have weak electrical systems because I can't run my radio without the car running for about 30 mins. before I would have to start it again or the battery would die.

bengsxr
10-14-05, 04:42 PM
well I eat up batteries like crazy and they always test bad so last time I bought a 1000 amp and 850 cold cranking amps but this one did not even last a year just had it replaced today so I wanted to know if we maybe draw to many amps when the car is not running and just over cycling the battery and thats why they die out so quick.

overplayed
10-15-05, 11:02 PM
I wanted to know if we maybe draw to many amps when the car is not running

How often do you do you listen to the radio with the car off? I did it once for about 30-40 min and the car would not start the next morning. I know better now.

NJ_Catera
10-16-05, 11:09 PM
I've never had to replace a battery yet, but I do know that these cars must have terrible charging systems. If I don't start my car for about 5 days, the battery would be dead. last winter I had to jump my car, drove it about 3 miles, forgot and shut the car off and tried immediately to restart it and it would not start.
I buy my batteries from Advance Auto and for 2 years in a row the battery in my TBird died and both times they gave me a new one for free under the battery warranty. Just keep the receipt.

stonecoldsteele
10-21-05, 04:17 PM
I had the amps tested recently and it draws between .1 and .3 amps while it is off...The interior lamps draw about 1.1-1.3 amps until they cut off after locking/unlocking the doors....Don't know where it is drawing from unless it has to do with the security part of the car. I had a bad battery because it showed my alternator was putting out a great charge to my battery...