: Parking Brakes

ericaclark
10-14-05, 09:54 AM
My parking barkes are not working. When applied the brake goes all the way down to the floor and it does not hold the vehicle.

slk230mb
10-14-05, 10:19 AM
I had that problem. As it turned out I needed a rear brake job, as the indicator was rubbing against the rotor making an annoying sound that I went to the dealership to address. My service advisor was saying that most of the Escalade's he sees have problems with the rear discs and that sometimes the emergency brake doesn't fully disengage which causes premature wear.

hcvone
10-14-05, 12:42 PM
My parking barkes are not working. When applied the brake goes all the way down to the floor and it does not hold the vehicle.

Welcome to the Forum. :) Your parking brake just may need to be adjusted.

Synergetic
10-14-05, 01:18 PM
I took mine in to be looked at, they wouldn't touch it because I upgraded to 14" rotors, however they found that one of my rotors was hanging!! Good thing I took it in... I still get the problem of my foot going to the floor.

When I turn the wheel all the way to the left, the brake tightens up more than usual and you can stop. But with the wheels turned all the way to the right, the brakes go out and your foot goes to the floor and it slowly, slowly slows down. A few members suggested that I switch out the brake lines for metal rather than plastic.

hcvone
10-14-05, 02:50 PM
Stainless steel lines are a must with bigger aftermarket brakes, you will feel the difference, I put them on my last 5 Corvette's. :)

Synergetic
10-14-05, 03:02 PM
Stainless steel lines are a must with bigger aftermarket brakes, you will feel the difference, I put them on my last 5 Corvette's. :)

Any suggestions on where to get them?

hcvone
10-14-05, 04:40 PM
Any suggestions on where to get them?

I know Stillen sells them http://www.stillen.com/brakepros.asp, I am sure there are others too. :)

Waxhat
10-14-05, 07:13 PM
That happened to my 2004 ESV I took it in and they warranteed the whole job.