: Chrome Engine cover Group Buy

RobertCTS
10-13-05, 02:00 PM
Pete Raimondi of Cadillac MotorSports is offering a group buy on chrome plating your OEM Engine cover. We have 2 members so far.

Custom Chrome Plated Engine Hood Cover

GROUP BUY DISCOUNT!

Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd.

We have an in-house hexavalent chrome plating process that allows us to chrome plate any plastic or polycarbonate substrate utilizing a copper, nickel and chrome plating process that actually places a metal surface over just about any plastic substrate.

THIS IS NOT A CHROME SPRAY PAINT. This is a 3 stage hexavalent chrome plating process!

The way this is accomplished is in how the substrate ( the plastic engine cover in this case ) is treated to create the adhesion properties for the 3 stage or hexavalent chrome to bind to the plastic substrate.

If you would like an example of the refractory process and hardness of the finish looks and appears; it is "exactly the same as the trim molding on the front of your CTS HOOD!"

That particular piece of hood trim molding is ABS plastic and looks and feels like chrome plated metal with all of the same protective properties. We utilize the same in house equipment and process to chrome plate plastic. Again, this is a plating process and not a chrome colored spray paint!

We normally charge $295.00 for this chrome plating process and provide a 1 year warranty.

If anyone is interested in a GROUP BUY....here you go!

10 orders will provide a 20% discount and your cost will be $225 plus shipping and insurance by UPS Ground. That is a savings of $70.00 per engine cover!

15 orders will provide a 30% discount and your cost will be $200 plus shipping and insurance by UPS Ground. That is a savings of $95.00 per engine cover!

Let me know who's interested and we'll see what we can put together. Satisfaction is absolutely guaranteed and heat under the hood is NOT an issue with regard to this chrome plating process! You will absolutely swear that when you receive this engine hood cover back that is is metal!

For those who have additional interest, we can also chrome plate your fuse box cover and radiator engine shroud if it happens to be the large black ABS polycarbonate cover that is similiar to the shroud cover on the CTS-V, ( not the flimsy rubber flap cover). In addition, for an additional charge we can anodize the final stage of the chrome plating with a dye pigament to add coloration to the chrome creating such colors as red chrome, black chrome, smoked chrome, green chrome etc. Special requests will be handled on a case by case basis.

Ok Cadillac Forum Members.......lets see who is interested in the standard Chrome Plated Engine Hood Cover. We also offer the same price on the gray plastic CTS grill and can Chrome Plate that at well.

Remember, satisfaction is guaranteed and never any disappointments from CMS, Ltd.

best regards - Pete Raimondi
Cadillac MotorSports, Ltd.

vdo
10-14-05, 12:24 AM
I'm interested in getting the front grill chrome plated on my SRX. Does the grill count towards the groupbuy count or is it engine cover only?

I assume we'd have to send in our stock part to get chromed right? If so, what is the turn around time?

And lastly, where can I sign up and what are the details about getting it done (payment, shipping, etc)

Thanks.

RobertCTS
10-14-05, 08:11 AM
I'm interested in getting the front grill chrome plated on my SRX. Does the grill count towards the groupbuy count or is it engine cover only?

I assume we'd have to send in our stock part to get chromed right? If so, what is the turn around time?

And lastly, where can I sign up and what are the details about getting it done (payment, shipping, etc)

Thanks.

The Grill is $175 to chrome or $75 if you get the Engine cover done with it.
Yes Pete chrome plates your parts. Pete asked me to field questions for him but in the end you need to place the order with Pete at:
E-mail Address sales@cadillacmotorsports.com (sales@cadillacmotorsports.com)
Mention the group buy.
Bob

vdo
10-14-05, 11:15 AM
The Grill is $175 to chrome or $75 if you get the Engine cover done with it.
Yes Pete chrome plates your parts. Pete asked me to field questions for him but in the end you need to place the order with Pete at:
E-mail Address sales@cadillacmotorsports.com (sales@cadillacmotorsports.com)
Mention the group buy.
Bob

Thanks for the info man. Only $175 for the chrome grill? That's an awesome price. I remember Lund quoting me close to a grand for their chrome grill.

I've already sent Pete an email about getting this done.

Here's a pic of the SRX chrome grill from the Lund website:

http://www.lamdo.com/images/pics/srx_chrome_grill.jpg

RobertCTS
10-14-05, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info man. Only $175 for the chrome grill? That's an awesome price. I remember Lund quoting me close to a grand for their chrome grill.

Glad I could help. I'm sure you will be pleased.:thumbsup:

BMWDON
10-19-05, 07:11 PM
count me in on both SRX engine cover and grill

RobertCTS
10-20-05, 08:28 AM
count me in on both SRX engine cover and grill

Excellent! So you'll get your grill plated for only $75!!:D
We have you one the list.
Anyone Else?

Bob

RobertCTS
10-20-05, 08:30 AM

VDO,
Can I put you on the List? Pete needs a complete tally to see if we qualify for the discounted buy?
The regular price is $175 for the grill. If you do the engine cover he discounts the grill a whopping $100.
So $275 gets both done!!:bouncy:
Bob

vdo
10-20-05, 11:05 AM
VDO,
Can I put you on the List? Pete needs a complete tally to see if we qualify for the discounted buy?
The regular price is $175 for the grill. If you do the engine cover he discounts the grill a whopping $100.
So $275 gets both done!!:bouncy:
Bob

I know it's an awesome deal, but I'm only interested in the chrome grill. No one will ever see my engine bay and the engine cover will just get dirty. Not even worth $100 to me.

I've emailed Pete about getting my grill done asap at $175, but never heard back from him.

RobertCTS
10-20-05, 12:02 PM
I know it's an awesome deal, but I'm only interested in the chrome grill. No one will ever see my engine bay and the engine cover will just get dirty. Not even worth $100 to me.

I've emailed Pete about getting my grill done asap at $175, but never heard back from him.

Do you want me to put you on the list for a Grill only for $175? If we get enought he may improve the price. I have another for Grill only.

vdo
10-20-05, 12:10 PM
Do you want me to put you on the list for a Grill only for $175? If we get enought he may improve the price. I have another for Grill only.

Please do. Thanks.

vdo
10-20-05, 12:15 PM
oops. duplicate post.

RobertCTS
10-20-05, 02:14 PM
oops. duplicate post.

VDO,
Two posts??:hmm: You're stuttering!:D

Hey I've got you penciled in on the list. Thanks.

Bob

RobertCTS
10-24-05, 11:29 AM
Finally a pic of the chromed engine cover. Looks nice IMO.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 09:51 AM
Finally a pic of the chromed engine cover. Looks nice IMO.

My parts are now in Maryland and should be getting plated soon. I asked Pete for a tu-tone on the engine cover. The center raised section will be bright chrome. The left and right sides will be black chrome. Can't wait to see it.

Package
10-25-05, 12:13 PM
I would be interested in both with the grill being regular/bright chrome and the engine bay cover being black chrome or smoked chrome, which ever would be a better match to the carbon fiber look of my volant intake lid ? I might also like the fuse box cover in the same color as the engine cover (black or smoked chrome). I live in PA (near Reading) so I would need to know how to handle the shiping/transaction ? Thanks for the offer....:cool2:

vdo
10-25-05, 12:48 PM
My parts are now in Maryland and should be getting plated soon. I asked Pete for a tu-tone on the engine cover. The center raised section will be bright chrome. The left and right sides will be black chrome. Can't wait to see it.

I know you and Pete are close and all, but how do I go about getting my grill chromed? I emailed Pete over a week ago and still no response. Has anyone besides you gotten their stuff shipped to him? I'm still waiting on payment/shipping instructions. Is he backlogged?

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 02:25 PM
I would be interested in both with the grill being regular/bright chrome and the engine bay cover being black chrome or smoked chrome, which ever would be a better match to the carbon fiber look of my volant intake lid ? I might also like the fuse box cover in the same color as the engine cover (black or smoked chrome). I live in PA (near Reading) so I would need to know how to handle the shiping/transaction ? Thanks for the offer....:cool2:

Hi Package,
The way it works is you send your Parts to Pete. I found me a nice narrow long box and packed my engine cover, fuse box cover and radiator A/C seal in it. It cost me $25. The box was 10" longer than necessary. Had I cut it down it would have been $16.

I've got you penciled in while we look for more orders. Maybe you guys can talk it up! I've got 4 engine covers and 4 grills so far. I need 10.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 02:30 PM
I know you and Pete are close and all, but how do I go about getting my grill chromed? I emailed Pete over a week ago and still no response. Has anyone besides you gotten their stuff shipped to him? I'm still waiting on payment/shipping instructions. Is he backlogged?

VDO,
Pete has asked me to coordinate the BUY. I get a bit of a break for doing so.
Pete would like for everybody to ship about the same time so he can get an assembly line going. When we get to ten I'll post the Shipping address. So far we have 4 engine covers and four grills. Talk it up so we can get more.
Lund Cadillac wanted well over $300 to chrome a grill. So if you get the engine cover you get the grill for only $75!!:bouncy:

vdo
10-25-05, 06:20 PM
Maybe you guys can talk it up! I've got 4 engine covers and 4 grills so far. I need 10.
Is that 10 total or do we need 10 grills and 10 engine covers?

If we don't reach 10 grills, can we still get it done, and at what price?

I'm willing to get my grill done today, even without the groupbuy. The geezers on this forum don't seem to be into modifications, and I doubt we'll get the 10 buyers needed.

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 08:08 AM
Is that 10 total or do we need 10 grills and 10 engine covers?

If we don't reach 10 grills, can we still get it done, and at what price?

I'm willing to get my grill done today, even without the groupbuy. The geezers on this forum don't seem to be into modifications, and I doubt we'll get the 10 buyers needed.

We're getting more action in the CTS Forum. I imagine the SRX owners are more conservative.

The Group Buy was primarily for engine covers with enhancements for other pieces. I'm making a list to reflect both the cover and the grill. I'm hoping Pete sees it as enough volume to give us reduced prices for grill only. If we get 10 grills my bet is Pete will give us a break. I think the chrome grill on the SRX looks better than the CTS:yup:

BMWDON
12-09-05, 07:35 PM
Can we combine our group buy with the CTS group? engine cover is optional to me, grill is a must....
let me know!

RobertCTS
12-10-05, 08:52 AM
Can we combine our group buy with the CTS group? engine cover is optional to me, grill is a must....
let me know!

Unfortunately the whole group buy failed. Cadillac MotorSports still Offers the plating service on an individual basis but not at the group buy price.

You can e-mail Pete for a price. sales@cadillacmotorsports.com