Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Black Escalades and Keeping Dust Free/Clean

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hcvone 
#1 ·
Hi,
As most of you black Escalade owners already know, keeping your vehicle looking good can be a challenge. I often notice mine collects dust especially on the tailgate after just a few miles. I have waxed my vehicle and seen minimal improvement. Anyone know of any products that may be applied to keep the dust from sticking to the vehicle?

Thank you.

#2 · (Edited)
California Duster is a heaven sent item for removing dust off black vehicles. Any color vehicle for that matter! My wife has a black Challenger SRT8 and I keep it looking perfect with this handy instrument. It doesn't get driven in the rain but collects dust like there is no tomorrow! Can't say enough good about this product!!

-John

#3 ·
Nothing you can do with black to get rid of dust, it's on every color just shows more on darker colors. The problem with the C Duster is they are great if you use them like they should be used, and that is to remove garage dust, not debris from after driving, once you do this the first time you start picking up road dirt and brake dust, over time you will start to see the marks from the duster scratching over time. With dark colors some tricks that help, use a synthetic wax product rather than carnauba, carnauba contains oils and oils attract dust and dirt, use a good spray detailer, that will cut down on static that is transferred to your paint from rubbing towels on the surface. All these things help, but I have owned detail businesses since the mid 80's, and had dozens of black cars and trucks, they seriously require 3-4 times the work compared to a lighter color to keep it looking good. Here is a pic of my black ice Escalade after 20 months and heading to be traded in, that truck was more work than my 3 white platinum Escalade's were, no kidding, and my LAST BLACK SUV EVER

#4 ·
hcvone is correct as a detailer using california dusters can really put damage on the paint. Unfortunately with our cars the rear end gets dusty no matter what just the way the truck is. I had same issue with my blacked out Tahoe but with the Galaxy Gray it hides the dust a little better. Best solution is get a waterless wash with microfiber waffle weave towel to wipe. Another thing is get a master blaster to blow off the dust before using waterless wash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.