: Finally Got it done

csmooth79
10-10-05, 02:59 PM
Well guys, just made the leap and picked up my 02 on friday. I know its not an 06, but its new enough for me.

2002 Cranberry w/ 34k miles and I had a couple questions for you guys.

1) does the warranty run out after 50k miles or 4 yrs after the vehicle was bought.

2) Is it normal for the abs system to be working so often. It seems that whether the ground is wet or dry, 4 out of 5 stops will result in the pedal pulsing like the abs is working. Has anyone experienced this, or should I be at the dealer asap.

Will be posting pics soon, she rides like a dream compared to my 99 R.I.P. to her soul.

Oh yeah is there anything I should be looking out for as the warranty is probably going to end soon.

hcvone
10-10-05, 04:52 PM
Congrats on your new truck. :) Your warranty should run out late 05' to 06', 4 years after the truck was purchased new. My ABS usually never comes on unless I am braking on rough roads, I would check your tire pressure, if too high or too low that maybe making the problem worse.

csmooth79
10-10-05, 05:06 PM
It seems to be a similar problem as raw dog is explaining here.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30523

I really hope not, cause if the warranty runs out the 4yrs after the orig owner bought it new my warranty ends on the 26th of this month and I know the caddi dealer is going to give me the runaround until the warranty ends.

Is there anything else you or anyone can think of that I should make them look at. Also, does anyone know the approx cost of getting the cadillac extended warranty added to my truck. As I see in the forum people have problems but that would make me feel a lot better.

slk230mb
10-10-05, 05:32 PM
I would invest in the GMPP major Guard extended warranty. It brings it to 100k and 6 years from the day the truck rolled off the line.

Rolex
10-10-05, 06:03 PM
I would invest in the GMPP major Guard extended warranty. It brings it to 100k and 6 years from the day the truck rolled off the line.

I second this motion. I bought an extended warranty from the same dealership where I purchased my Lade. I extended the coverage to 100k miles. I didn't buy the GM warranty, I got another brand they've been selling for years, and assured me they do not have problems with. It's been my experience that these warranties will pay for themselves if one or two things break on your vehicle (and it's bound to happen eventually).

hcvone
10-11-05, 08:05 AM
I agree that if you purchase your truck used it would be worth getting the extended warranty, or if you purchased your truck new and plan to keep it for many years, these things are expensive if you have to start replacing major parts.

DenverEXT
10-11-05, 10:45 AM
A little advice (take it or leave it), NEVER buy the warranty from the dealership since they mark it WAY up. Just another way to make a big profit. You can get the same warranty on your own after the sale for a lot less money.

mikeee
10-11-05, 11:43 AM
Is the factory warranty 50k miles or 4 years?

slk230mb
10-11-05, 01:17 PM
Is the factory warranty 50k miles or 4 years?

It's both. Which ever comes first.

csmooth79
10-11-05, 01:51 PM

Any idea of how much, and where can I purchase this elsewhere (if not at the dealer).

Boombotz
10-11-05, 08:11 PM
Any idea of how much, and where can I purchase this elsewhere (if not at the dealer).

Here is a link that slk230mb has posted before on pricing. this link (http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/)

blingblingcv
10-11-05, 09:30 PM
If you don't mind how much did you pay? just wondering since I have the same truck with 31k miles.

slk230mb
10-11-05, 10:17 PM
1600 for a $200 deductible, it was 2100 for 0 deductible.

csmooth79
10-12-05, 10:18 AM
Major (if/any) differences between GMPP and the factory 4/50 warranty you guys could think of.

Also how much different is this than an aftermarket warranty (like penn).

DenverEXT
10-12-05, 10:46 AM
A good read and tips about auto warranties... http://www.insidercarsecrets.com/warranties.html

csmooth79
10-12-05, 01:25 PM
If you don't mind how much did you pay? just wondering since I have the same truck with 31k miles.

29k, but I got a really good deal from a family friend. And you, R u looking to sell or just bought.

blingblingcv
10-15-05, 10:10 PM
I financed mine way back in 2001 when they changed the body. Let me tell you I hope you have as much fun as I have had in my truck. Congrats on the upgrade.