: Need Help!!!

04foshow
10-09-05, 06:39 PM
I own a 2004 escalade. I always heard knocking sounds from the engine. I took it to the dealership 2 times for it. they told me it was working fine. Well Last nite my engine just shut down. It seamed like the battery was dying when we jump started it the engine started shaking violently, real bad.. I shut it down and looked under the car. I found a couple of metal pieces and a brown liquid leaking. One of the metal pieces looked like it was a housing for a screw or something. I had the car towed to the dealership but just wanted to know if anyone else had this type of issue ever.

Please let me know if any has any input. It would really help.

Rolex
10-09-05, 09:16 PM
Ouch. Sounds like its time for a new engine. Fortunately in an 04 it should be covered under the factory warranty. Good luck.

04foshow
10-09-05, 09:41 PM
is it true that Im gonna have tons of problems even after they replace the engine?

slk230mb
10-10-05, 12:07 AM
If the dealership is competent it should just involve removing the old engine and replacing it with a new one. How many miles? Documented maintenance? These are things they might want to know for a warranty claim.

fast66
10-10-05, 12:33 AM
The same thing happened with my porsche and the dealer found out the oil cap was leaking because of the last sercive, the engine over heated at the dealers and they replaced it with a 2002 engine. took a really long time though

hcvone
10-10-05, 07:42 AM
Well that sucks :( It sounds like they will be replacing your engine, let us know what they find.

04foshow
10-12-05, 05:25 PM
Thanx for your support guys. I am extremely pissed :banghead: right now because of what the dealership told me. check this out.

First of they told me that water got sucked in through the intake and thats what blew my engine. I asked them how the hell is water going to get into my engine Im driving a freaking truck and I see civics and toyotas driving past me. Its an act of nature they told me oh because the intake is near the bumber, while Im wondering what ******* designed the intake. Seriously what the hell arent trucks meant to be drivin through slight puddles and stuff or all the commercials claim bullshit. there was 6 inches of water literally cause I measured it to see if water went in the engine.

I would advise all to be very carefull with their Escalades in the rain. You dont want to end up like me embassarsed infront of people driving civics and toyotas flying past you. :hmm:

The dealership was telling me about another guy whos car was parked in the driveway and they werent supposed to start it. they did and his engine got blown up also. to me that clearly states that there is a design flaw. what are escalade owners supposed to do turn their engines off and avoid puddles that little cars can go through. F That never gonna buy another Escalade or a GM vehicle.

P.S. I paid 63,000 for my truck last year. which I thought was pretty high but to add insult to injury they told me today that the current value on ESV's is around $27,000 - $32,000. No wonder people stopped buying them.

fast66
10-12-05, 06:11 PM
the current value on esv is that low?!?! I want one

Rolex
10-12-05, 09:22 PM
You left out the whole driving through water thing in your initial post. You'll be lucky of that is covered under warranty, but for your sake I hope it is. Buy an old Jeep or Bronco to go romping through the water next time. ;)

Spittin Game
10-12-05, 10:41 PM
What ever dealer told you your 04 ESV is worth 27-32 is on crack. Just go to ebay to see what they are going for, I guarantee you its somewhere in the mid 40's if not more.

hcvone
10-13-05, 07:55 AM
Kelley Blue Book lists the 04' ESV at $38,335, I could see a dealership "trying" to give you 32k to 35k, how do you think they build those nice big dealerships. :(

hcvone
10-13-05, 08:28 AM
Thanx for your support guys. I am extremely pissed :banghead: right now because of what the dealership told me. check this out.

First of they told me that water got sucked in through the intake and thats what blew my engine. I asked them how the hell is water going to get into my engine Im driving a freaking truck and I see civics and toyotas driving past me. Its an act of nature they told me oh because the intake is near the bumber, while Im wondering what ******* designed the intake. Seriously what the hell arent trucks meant to be drivin through slight puddles and stuff or all the commercials claim bullshit. there was 6 inches of water literally cause I measured it to see if water went in the engine.

I would advise all to be very carefull with their Escalades in the rain. You dont want to end up like me embassarsed infront of people driving civics and toyotas flying past you. :hmm:

The dealership was telling me about another guy whos car was parked in the driveway and they werent supposed to start it. they did and his engine got blown up also. to me that clearly states that there is a design flaw. what are escalade owners supposed to do turn their engines off and avoid puddles that little cars can go through. F That never gonna buy another Escalade or a GM vehicle.

P.S. I paid 63,000 for my truck last year. which I thought was pretty high but to add insult to injury they told me today that the current value on ESV's is around $27,000 - $32,000. No wonder people stopped buying them.

I do a lot of testing for a company that fights the major auto companies against warranty claims, I had the chance to be there when they were testing water ingestion in some different cars and trucks. I have seen many cars and trucks tested in different depths of water, I have not to this day seen 6" of water ruin any engine, and that includes several new Corvettes. The air filter in my Escalade sits abot 30" off the ground, 6" would never cause a problem, the water either had to be deeper than 6", a lot deeper or a problem with the air filter system causing a gap where water could enter. :)

Rolex
10-15-05, 01:09 PM
I do a lot of testing for a company that fights the major auto companies against warranty claims, I had the chance to be there when they were testing water ingestion in some different cars and trucks. I have seen many cars and trucks tested in different depths of water, I have not to this day seen 6" of water ruin any engine, and that includes several new Corvettes. The air filter in my Escalade sits abot 30" off the ground, 6" would never cause a problem, the water either had to be deeper than 6", a lot deeper or a problem with the air filter system causing a gap where water could enter. :)

I imagine the 6 inches of water is the story the dealership heard too. I'll wager it was headlight level! ;)

The story is full of holes....just like the engine block. :p

Xrayqueen
10-16-05, 04:56 AM
I own a 2004 escalade. I always heard knocking sounds from the engine. I took it to the dealership 2 times for it. they told me it was working fine. Well Last nite my engine just shut down. It seamed like the battery was dying when we jump started it the engine started shaking violently, real bad.. I shut it down and looked under the car. I found a couple of metal pieces and a brown liquid leaking. One of the metal pieces looked like it was a housing for a screw or something. I had the car towed to the dealership but just wanted to know if anyone else had this type of issue ever.

Please let me know if any has any input. It would really help.

I would go to another dealership. Don't mention anything about water and see what they say. Here in California they are not linked. So another dealer dosen't know you are shopping around for the truth :sneaky:
Peace Xrayqueen

04foshow
10-18-05, 01:37 AM
I agree 100% with you that 6" water could not have done so and it had to be something else. To support that I had my assistant take measurements of the curbs and figure out exactly how much water could be stopped by the curb and how deep of a puddle that could have caused. they measured the curb the dip in the road and what not. They took pictures with detailed measurements on them. I presented those to the dealership and the deepest the puddle could have possibly been was around 8 1/2 inches. thats at the deepest part of the road.

However, It does say in the owners manual that avoid driving through water that is up to the floor panel of the truck. This is something I hardly think any one purchasing one of the biggest SUV would think of. I was just informed by the dealership that the air intake on my ESV is by the bumper.

I have no clue how the water that is no more then 9 inches get into my air filter.