: 2002 what does loss of dim communication?

dan3or6
12-02-03, 02:31 PM
2002 deville code u1064 says loss of communication of DIM. Have replaced both crank sensors and car still stalls in first 10 miles then starts back up ok. 50,000+ miles out of warranty. also codes u1713, b0429, p0385.

cadillac6
12-02-03, 09:39 PM
2002 deville code u1064 says loss of communication of DIM. Have replaced both crank sensors and car still stalls in first 10 miles then starts back up ok. 50,000+ miles out of warranty. also codes u1713, b0429, p0385.

:welcome: welcome to the forums!!! :welcome: ok you have some codes here and i believe that they are:

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance
P0385 - Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor B Circuit
U1713 - Loss of Front Door Module to Window Motor High Speed Comm

Those are the codes. They are pretty new to me but then again your driving a 2002. I know they are probably a pain in the ass but you have to remember the entire engine is run by computers so if it senses the slightest thing a code will appear. My suggestion go to the dealer.

Logandiagnostic
12-03-03, 12:04 AM
My info is pretty close to the same.

PO385- Crank sensor B. I had this same code last week. Tossed in a used tan B sensor and that seems ok.

U1064- Loss of data/communicatin DIM module. DIM= dash intergraton module.

U1713- door/ express up. High speed data circuit. There is a TSB on this code. See TSB 02-08-64-006.

B0429- HVAC air stepper motor assembly calibration issue.

Being I have a 2001 I have also seen some crazy stuff on these cars. Radio/ amps inop etc. They sometimes will fix themselves with a battery disconnect. In a way it reboots all the onboard computers.

Logan

cadillac6
12-03-03, 09:51 PM
My info is pretty close to the same.

PO385- Crank sensor B. I had this same code last week. Tossed in a used tan B sensor and that seems ok.

U1064- Loss of data/communicatin DIM module. DIM= dash intergraton module.

U1713- door/ express up. High speed data circuit. There is a TSB on this code. See TSB 02-08-64-006.

B0429- HVAC air stepper motor assembly calibration issue.

Being I have a 2001 I have also seen some crazy stuff on these cars. Radio/ amps inop etc. They sometimes will fix themselves with a battery disconnect. In a way it reboots all the onboard computers.

Logan

So just disconnect the battery and some codes will be solved? like all the history codes etc?

Logandiagnostic
12-03-03, 11:28 PM
No it doesnt clear the codes. Disconnecting the battery on a OBDII car will not clear the codes. You would really need a Tech2.

On many newer GM cars and trucks. There is a class 2 data circuit thru the whole car. Basically everything in the car talks on this data circuit. Radio, airbags, door modules, PCM...everything etc.

On the cars with the data circuits. Because they are all computers the system can get confused. Hence false codes and non-working components.

Example. Bought a used 2001 DTS. A day or so after coming home the radio quit. If I remember correctly there were no codes. Using a Tech2 I could not communicate with either the radio or the amp. Hmmmm.

The radio was about to be pulled and dropped of at a Delco radio repair shop. I decided to try a 'battery reboot' of the car. Sure enough the radio and amp started working again. Go figure.

I have mention this issue to some Cadillac techs on iATN.net . They are use to just putting a new radio or amp in under warranty. Now they are using the 'battery reboot' and many 'dead' units have started working again.

These class 2 circuits will be a bitch to repair in a couple of years.

Logan