: Few questions about an 03 Escalade Im buying.

mikeee
10-07-05, 02:36 PM
Im picking up an escalade on Monday, and wondering if the stock cd changer/player plays MP3's or not. Mine will not be equipped with nav.

Also wondering if the 2nd row bench seat can be swapped with buckets with ease. Are they sitting on the same frame?

Thanks for any help.

Boombotz
10-07-05, 03:26 PM
I have an 03 Escalade and mine has buckets in the back. My brother has the same thing. I know when I bought mine that was my request and the dealer switched it out. If you are buying from a dealer they shouldn't have a problem doing this for you with no extra charge. Well for me it was no extra charge. but I said you want the sale you make the switch. If you are not getting it from the dealer it is no big deal because no modification is needed for them they do sit on the same frame.

csmooth79
10-07-05, 04:35 PM
I have an 03 Escalade and mine has buckets in the back. My brother has the same thing. I know when I bought mine that was my request and the dealer switched it out. If you are buying from a dealer they shouldn't have a problem doing this for you with no extra charge. Well for me it was no extra charge. but I said you want the sale you make the switch. If you are not getting it from the dealer it is no big deal because no modification is needed for them they do sit on the same frame.

If they sit on the same frame could you buy/trade one out from ebay, junkyard. Also do you think they are the same for the 02 as mine had the bench seat, but I want buckets.

mikeee
10-07-05, 04:39 PM
great thanks! anyone know if these stock head units play mp3?

99escalademan
10-07-05, 05:25 PM
Nope . You will have to go aftermarket. or add an mp3 player like the Zen or ipod.

Boombotz
10-08-05, 08:48 AM
If they sit on the same frame could you buy/trade one out from ebay, junkyard. Also do you think they are the same for the 02 as mine had the bench seat, but I want buckets.

The 03 bucket seats should be the same as the 02 ones. It will be very hard to find someone that wants the bench seat . The buckets are the way to go. I doubt you will find someone to do a even trade.

Spittin Game
10-08-05, 06:15 PM
If your talking about playing CD you burned (Mp3's you got off limewire or something), then yes it will play it.

mikeee
10-09-05, 01:43 AM
If your talking about playing CD you burned (Mp3's you got off limewire or something), then yes it will play it.
Youre right. I just got my escalade today and it plays MP3s. Thanks.

mikeee
10-09-05, 01:43 AM
Nope . You will have to go aftermarket. or add an mp3 player like the Zen or ipod.
Maybe the older ones? Mine plays.

Synergetic
10-09-05, 04:26 PM
The 03 bucket seats should be the same as the 02 ones. It will be very hard to find someone that wants the bench seat . The buckets are the way to go. I doubt you will find someone to do a even trade.

I actually prefer the bench over bucket. People don't like riding in the back and prefer taking the loss to the middle seat rather crawling into the 3rd row... especially with the sound system packed behind the 3rd row, I wouldn't want to be back there either when that thing is slumpin.

Boombotz
10-09-05, 05:03 PM
I actually prefer the bench over bucket. People don't like riding in the back and prefer taking the loss to the middle seat rather crawling into the 3rd row... especially with the sound system packed behind the 3rd row, I wouldn't want to be back there either when that thing is slumpin.

Good point.:thumbsup: :D

hcvone
10-10-05, 08:45 AM
I remove my 3rd seats for my space for carrying things, so with the buckets seats in the middle I can only carry 4 people, I like that. ;)