: Escalade Security

jrs05caddyext
10-07-05, 01:35 PM
Since my EXT got stolen a couple days ago I have been looking in to security systems for my next vehicle. (I know itís too late now, but it might help next time)

Some Security Systems I'm thinking of installing:

Low Jack

Viper Alarm

Jimmy Jammer

The Club (steering wheel& brake pedal)

Can you guys provide any information on any of these listed or what you think would be best. Thanks in advance.

vietfob714
10-07-05, 03:11 PM
sorry bout your car man... i have the jimmi jammer and the autoloc and an ungo 2 way pager alarm (rebadged DEI). I think thats pretty much all I can do... all that is worth less if they tow your car like other people on this forum have said... I dunno if there is any way around the autoloc... anyone know?

slimm44
10-07-05, 05:05 PM
the club is worthless. a good car theif can defeat it in seconds. i haven't heard anything bad about the brake pedal lock though.

jrs05caddyext
10-07-05, 05:11 PM
the club is worthless. a good car theif can defeat it in seconds. i haven't heard anything bad about the brake pedal lock though.

Yea I have hear THE CLUB its not that great but i guess it would give the thief second thoughts(i hope)

DenverEXT
10-07-05, 05:28 PM

I watched a thing on tv with an ex car thief that said the club is worthless and the brake pedal lock is about the best security you can get. He said he wouldn't think twice about taking a vehicle with a club since he could still have it in about 30 seconds but would never try with the break pedal lock since they take WAY too much work/time to get around and you're unable to put it in drive until you get it off so you can press the pedal. Just FYI.

Dif
10-07-05, 08:04 PM
Anyone know anything about this anti theft system.

http://www.neverstolen.com/

Good... bad ?

Synergetic
10-07-05, 08:14 PM
I got LoJack, Multiple Aftermarket Alarms, Viper Alarm & Remote System, Stock Alarm, Surveillance, and more. Like already said, the club is worthless and a waste of time.

99escalademan
10-07-05, 08:24 PM
They claim cant be stolen, but then they double cross themselves in the Faq:

"

WHAT HAPPENS IF A TOW TRUCK TRIES TO STEAL MY VEHICLE?

To avoid this, follow these 2 simple steps when you leave your vehicle:

1.) When you park your car, turn your wheels all the way to the left or right.

A thief can tow it away, yet it cant be stolen hmm..

CAROLINA CADDI
10-08-05, 03:31 PM
does the passlock theft-deterrent system not work on the escalades. the 02 ext owner's manual pg 2-26 says if the ingnition lock is turned w/ out the correct key that it would disable the fuel system.

does this system have to be activated, or does it work at all?:hmm:

slk230mb
10-08-05, 04:05 PM
does the passlock theft-deterrent system not work on the escalades. the 02 ext owner's manual pg 2-26 says if the ingnition lock is turned w/ out the correct key that it would disable the fuel system.

does this system have to be activated, or does it work at all?:hmm:

I don't think it works. I had a spare key made with no resistor in the head and my truck works fine with it. I highly doubt the key blank I picked up had the correct resistor value.

suckit
10-08-05, 05:47 PM
With a good 2 way pager alarm such as the Matrix 2.5, if somebody tries to jack your ride without disarming the alarm, the car will not turn on. Along with tilt sensors for the wheels, and motion sensors for inside of the ride, I'd say this along with auto lock (pedal lock) would be pretty damn crazy for a thief to jack. With the tilt sensors, if somebody tows ur ride, at least you'd be alerted and maybe you can do somethin about it.

DaveSmed
10-09-05, 07:15 PM
PassLock sucks. No special electronic credental in the key. The antitheft part is in the lock housing. If the lock cyl doesnt rotate when the vehicle is attempting to start, its supposed to behave like PassKey in older Cadillacs/GMs. Forcing the cylinder to turn is as good as a key in the security systems opinion. Basically its main function is to be a pain in the ass if you want to install a remote start.

jrs05caddyext
10-11-05, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info.

slk230mb
10-11-05, 10:10 AM
PassLock sucks. No special electronic credental in the key. The antitheft part is in the lock housing. If the lock cyl doesnt rotate when the vehicle is attempting to start, its supposed to behave like PassKey in older Cadillacs/GMs. Forcing the cylinder to turn is as good as a key in the security systems opinion. Basically its main function is to be a pain in the ass if you want to install a remote start.

That could explain it for me then. I have a remote starter installed and they probably disabled the passkey. I only had the truck about a month when it was installed so that's probably why I never noticed it.

hcvone
10-11-05, 10:44 AM
A kill switch is another good item, but the bottom line is if they want your car or truck bad enough they will get it, all these security things will help.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
10-11-05, 02:20 PM
sorry to say but thats why we have insurance or like some of us a shotgun in our home.

luckyday
06-05-06, 03:47 PM
I had an 2002 Deville DTS. It was stolen, gutted of all my equipment and vogues and then totally torched. I was under the impression that there was a chip in the key that would keep it from being driveable like my 94 STS did, thats even what the cadillac dealer told me. ow, I am without my ride and the insurance company is taking their damn time. So, my question is do they have chips in the key or what, and does the security system on the esclade differ from the devilles.
Thanks in advance.

becker500
06-05-06, 04:09 PM
Just an FYI: I tried the auto lock brake lock on my '07. I tested it just to make sure and got the transmission out if park easily. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to jam the brake enough to prohibit movement. (you barely have to depress the pedal to release the transmission lock) Then if the thief was determined, he could easily drive (albeit carefully) by using the emergency brake.

bblucero
06-06-06, 10:03 AM
Hi all--I think this is a very important topic because we all want to protect our trucks.

First, does anyone know of any "differences" in the security alarm with the '07 Escalade vs. the earlier models. (In reading this thread it seems like we are talking about older model Escalades)

Second, I think the 2 way pager system someone was talking about sounded interesting. Is that where if the alarm were to go off, you would get a page notifying you of that? If so, can someone recommed a good one and is there a cost for this??? I thought since onstar does so much monitoring of your vehicle they could page me if my car alarm were to go off but they do not have this service.

This sucks we have to think about this! Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

strykr
06-06-06, 05:07 PM
there have been similar topics in the past and some have said the pager alarms dont work (alarm going off while in the movies). i use the club, autoloc brake, factory alarm and viper alarm. they're all deterents to make the theif second guess but if they want your ride esp. the pros... it's THEIRS. just be safe...

LA Bean
06-06-06, 10:09 PM
Anyone know anything about this anti theft system.

http://www.neverstolen.com/

Good... bad ?
anyone have some real info on this if it really works? towing okay but can they really not take the truck if they dont have a tow truck?

hornyjuan
06-07-06, 01:46 AM
Could you imagine if one of those pins broke off? The system looks interesting but it's seems similiar to the Mercedes smartkey (electronic code linked to the ignition and engine computer). and the MB smartkeys can definetly be defeated.