Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Door Lock Issue

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ChiefM 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an 08 Escalade, the driver side door lock does not work by key fob, door lock/unlock switch or when truck is put in gear, only works manually or by key. All other doors work. Door actuator?
Thank you

#2 ·
Hi LPSteve,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue with your door locks. Have you contacted a dealership regarding this concern, or are you seeking advice from the forum so you can address this issue yourself? Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss your options with a dealership.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
Probably the lock actuator has died. I think it's about $45 for a new one. The likely hardest part of replacing this is to remove the door panel without marring the finish when removing the screw covers.

#9 ·
The lock actuator has probably failed, as others have suggested. It's an expensive fix at the dealer (2 hours flat-rate plus a hefty list price for the actuator - about $400 per door!). I bought a genuine GM part online for about $125 and did the repair myself in less than 45 minutes. YouTube has several videos to help you. It's exactly the same as its GM sisters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.