: Severe stumble

Dadillac
10-05-05, 05:56 PM
My '02 SLS is sick, and needs aome help. :eek: While driving today, I mashed the go pedal, and it stumbled, and then took off. This happened once before, when I first bought the car. It never reoccurred, so I dismissed it as a freak thing. After getting home, I pulled the codes. I got a PCM P1106 History, and a TTM U1016 History. I cleared the codes, and checked them again, to assure that they were gone. I then started the car, and checked the codes again, to see if they reappeared, and they had not. I then, with the car in park, tried to simulate the problem, which it so gladly obliged. Without turning off the engine, I pulled the codes again. I got the same PCM P1106 History code, but no TTM code.

The best I can describe it, is like over carburating an engine. Many who have been working on engines for a while (who still remember carbs) will know what I mean. Like putting a 750 double pumper on a stock 350. Severe bogging, due to too large of a carb, and then it catches up, and goes.

First, what do the codes mean? If these codes do not tell the story, where do I look first. I cannot live with the car like this. I must fix it. To me, it is very dangerous, to have the engine running like it is.

I appreciate all input, so please share what you can. Thanks

Don

Ranger
10-05-05, 09:37 PM
P1106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage
U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM

Not sure about the U1016 but the P1106 is the most likely cause of your problem. The thing that baffles me is that I thought GM switched from MAP to MAF sensor for fuel delivery somewhere around '95 or '96. Did they go back to MAP? Anyone have an idea?

eldorado1
10-05-05, 09:49 PM
They used both from 96 up. Don't really know why.

Dadillac
10-05-05, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. But, I am a dumbass. :banghead: When I had the initial problem, I posted on here, and got my answer. I just forgot about it. The power of "search" is a wonderful thing. Especially for those who use it. I will do what I stated in my old thread, around January, and change the MAP sensor. Thanks again.

Don