: Leaking Heater Core in 1999 DeVelle

Free Tibet
12-01-03, 07:38 PM
After replacing the water pump two years ago, hoses and clamps 6 months ago and the radiator 2 months ago the heater core is now leaking in my dog DeVille. I purchased Seal Tabs at the dealer. These are a GM product, vegetable based tablets (no kidding) for sealing minor radiator leaks caused by bad casting.

Will it stop a heater core leak? Will anything else? The replacement is $700 and I don't know what will break next. I couldn't list all the repairs already made. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

zonie77
12-01-03, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure about that particular product but if the leak is minor any good stop leak should stop it temporarily.
Temporarily varies a lot so hopefully it would last til you part company with the car.

xxxaxel
12-04-03, 11:55 PM
Just like any car you can always by pass the heater core at the expnese of no heat I don't know where you are but i'm down south so that was a quick deciesion you can do it your self or 50 bucks any mechanic can help you don't let them charge you more it only takes like 15 if they know what they are doing i did my firebirds myself but there is no room to work with the caddie . so it cost me extra this car is going to kill me