: help with some codes

samm
10-04-05, 07:25 PM
ok, i got some codes off my car and some are self explanatory, however...
P0741 is TCC System Stuck Off... what is the TCC system?
also, B1161 lamp circuit failure... meaning headlights? interior lights?
also, B1324 - A/C Refrigerant Overpressure. how would i go about adjusting that?
also, P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected. This i know is just a detection, but i think it has something to do with my RPM sway that i mentioned before. my RPM's range from about 500-1100 when the car is idling. no codes have to do with the idle air control valve...so...? i'm thinking that possibly my faulty FPR may have something to do with this? possibly?
finally, U1064 - Loss of Communications with DIM. meaning...?
appreciate any help guys...
Thanks,
SAM

Krashed989
10-04-05, 07:50 PM
what is the TCC system?
meaning headlights? interior lights?
also, B1324 - A/C Refrigerant Overpressure. how would i go about adjusting that?
also, P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected. This i know is just a detection, but i think it has something to do with my RPM sway that i mentioned before. my RPM's range from about 500-1100 when the car is idling. no codes have to do with the idle air control valve...so...? i'm thinking that possibly my faulty FPR may have something to do with this? possibly?
finally, U1064 - Loss of Communications with DIM. meaning...?
appreciate any help guys...
Thanks,
SAM

The TCC system is the Torque Converter Clutch system.

I would guess that it means headlamps... What one is giving you trouble?

Did you add freon? If not then I would suspect that a pressure sensor went bad. Either that or the orafice tube became clogged (you don't want it to be the orafice tube).

Yeah I would suspect either a vaccum leak to the FPR or a bad FPR for the idle issues.

Loss of communications with the DIM means that the data line is interupted or cut between the IPC (Instrament Panel Cluster) module and the DIM (Drivers Information Module). Check the plug connections.

samm
10-04-05, 11:01 PM
god you guys are good. yall know what yer talkin about.
did not add freon. orafice tube is the black tube with 2 adjustable knobs near the windshield washer fluid right? when my car shuts off after A/C is used, it hisses a little. i tried adjusting one knob but no help with the hiss.
and, how would i access the IPC and DIM? where are they located?
thanks again,
SAM

Ranger
10-05-05, 11:02 AM
The "adjustable knobs" I suspect are the A/C port service caps. Keep them tight or freon can seep out as the R134a molecules are very very small. There are no adjustments. The hissing you hear is the system equalizing pressure when shut down and is normal.

The orifice tube is inside the aluminum A/C line along the firewall, much like the thermostat is inside the coolant hose and is not accessable without opening the system up or adjustable.