: The NEW Top

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 01:19 PM
Okay. You may have notice we've got a new top section. Please let me know if there are any imperfections. I am a perfectionist so I want it perfect. :)

Known issues:

On my laptop, in-between the text and the image, there's some light grey mixed in with the black. I don't see this on my monitor. Do you? Hopefully, it's just happening on really bad resolutions - like my laptop. :p

There's a little black spec on the bottom right hand side of the image. That's part of the headlight configuration. It's supposed to be there. Shall I get rid of it?

Thanks...

Sal

Brett
03-03-03, 01:30 PM
looks good to me

Brett
03-03-03, 01:31 PM
why the yellow S?...was there some confusion

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 01:39 PM
I want people to remember that we're cadillacforumS.com - not cadillacforum.com...

Katshot
03-03-03, 01:54 PM
Looks REAL nice Sal. Don't be so critical. Hell, I thought I was picky ;)

kcnewell
03-03-03, 02:01 PM
You are! But it's cool...I think it looks great Sal!

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 02:06 PM
I don't know but I think it would look better if you lose the black background behind the letters. Just mho

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 02:23 PM
Thanks all. Okay. I love criticism... When you say the "black background" - I'm not to sure what you're referring to because the whole background is black. Do you mean the outline of the text? Is the text blurry? Be as descriptive as you can..

Thanks!!

Sal

kcnewell
03-03-03, 02:28 PM
There's a black box around the text and around the car in the top header and the rest of the background is blue! the black around the text looks out of place. I think that's what he's referring to.

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 02:46 PM
Once again KC knows what I was referring to. Kinda scary

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 02:57 PM
The border around the entire image needs to stay because the blues don't match up.. The borders around the edge of the text is another story. One is the same color of the dark part of the car - and the bottom text is surrounded by a color of the light part of the car.

Shall I kill the border around the text altogether? Or just pick one surrounding color for all of it?

Thank you for the input...

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 03:03 PM
Can you have the text up there by itself? Without the black box I mean.The white and yellow letters will standout nicely up there.No need to add a diff. color for it.The black color doesn't seem right .It looks out of place to me. Maybe it's just me though :)

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 03:10 PM
I might not be able to do that and have it look good. If someone would be willing to try it and take a screen shot, that would be great.. There's a little more to making this happen the way you want than meets the eye. But, it's a good idea.. I'll take this on the next chance I have some time.. I don't think it'll be easy to get it the way I'm thinking..

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 03:15 PM
No worries. Not like I'm gonna stop coming in here cause of it.

lux hauler
03-03-03, 03:41 PM
Is it just my computer or is everyone else missing the lines that divide the posts?

Brett
03-03-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by lux hauler
Is it just my computer or is everyone else missing the lines that divide the posts?

im getting the same thing

toomanytoyz
03-03-03, 04:04 PM
I gotta say that I also don't care for the white text in a black box on the blue/purple background either... Maybe you could use a bolder font also? Sonething that'll jump off the page a bit better? And, I don't think you need to add color to the "s"... If the person didn't know this was ...forums.com, then they wouldn't have found us here, ya know? :)

Just suggestions. You asked for them. :)

I like the pic of the Sixteen though. :)

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 04:07 PM
As long as we don't get them annoying pop-ups like over at GMForums.com I'm happy

kcnewell
03-03-03, 04:11 PM
If you outline the text in the same color as the background it'll make the edges of the letters more defined against the background and then you should be able to get rid of the black box. I also agree with toomanytoyz on the yellow S's If they're here they don't need the hint!

elwesso
03-03-03, 04:19 PM
I like it, but if you lost the black background (just have a thin black line around the letters if they dont show up). Also, i want the lines that divide the posts. If you just did one thing, get rid of the yellow S

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 04:25 PM
Oh jeez. Everything is messed up. Now that I'm home I can see.. I'm working on it...

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 04:27 PM
That whole top part is missing the black in the middle. Now I see why you guys think it looks off. It's not supposed to look this way...

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 04:32 PM
Now it's right but there's a line inbetween for the 800x600 resolution. I need to fix that...

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 04:40 PM
Jeez. That was ridiculous. And I call myself a webmaster. That was the easiest fix ever..

Okay.. Now that everything is exactly how I intended it.. What needs to be fixed?

Phew...

kcnewell
03-03-03, 05:04 PM
Looks good now Sal!

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 05:07 PM
Thanks.. Still looking for criticism.. So don't worry about making me feel bad. :D

kcnewell
03-03-03, 05:09 PM
Do I ever?

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 05:29 PM
hehe. No. :p

Mad'lac
03-03-03, 05:29 PM
Now this looks real good!!!!!!

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 05:30 PM
ANYWAY!! The main idea here was to free up some real estate on top. I figured it looked nicer the other way but it just took up too much room. This takes up less than half and still gets the point across. :)

Brett
03-03-03, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
ANYWAY!! The main idea here was to free up some real estate on top. I figured it looked nicer the other way but it just took up too much room. This takes up less than half and still gets the point across. :)

i think this way looks a lot nicer regardless of how much room it takes up

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 05:59 PM
Cool.. Thanks.. I was hoping people would feel that way.. Hopefully more people will find this new top-section more appealing than the last.. :)

Eldo1953
03-03-03, 07:45 PM
Looks great over here!

elwesso
03-03-03, 08:33 PM
LEAVE IT AS IS!

BeelzeBob
03-03-03, 08:55 PM
;)

kcnewell
03-03-03, 09:01 PM
HEY! WE LIKE IT!! OK?..........Sorry, Lost my mind for a second! :basketcas

Brett
03-03-03, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kcnewell
HEY! WE LIKE IT!! OK?..........Sorry, Lost my mind for a second! :basketcas

a second...thats a bit of an understatement

toomanytoyz
03-04-03, 11:11 AM
I like it, but am I the only one who thinks the letters look blurry? They seem slightly out of focus...

I still don't think the yellow "S" looks good... Makes me think of the ricer forums...

Also, with the pic of the Sixteen... Is it possible to see just a little of the driver's side headlight? It doesn't look quite right without it...

:D

BeelzeBob
03-04-03, 11:26 AM
Would anyone be up to the task of creating some more images of that right-side section? If you can, using the same dimensions of the image (right click and select properties) - that would be fine.. At the moment, I'm out of time for modifications but I'm not opposed to a change...

Also, I'd like to have a different top for every different Cadillac. See the "suggestions" forum for my theme idea...