Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need Help to Lift Rear Escalade ESV 3" inches

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bigwill1323704 
#1 ·
I will be adding a hefty amount of weight on the rear due to add an audio system.
I am already running on 30" inch rims with 255/30/30 (I had to do some cutting on the inner wheel well plastics)
When I hit a hard bump I feel the tires scrape just a little bit against the inner plastic (have to do a little more cutting I guess)

Overall, I want to lift my 2007 escalade esv 3" inches (if that's enough) in order to add the music system.
If I do lift it 3" inches, with the weight added would it level back to around the same height as is right now?

And is this lift good enough?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Lift-60...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d456eb56c&vxp=mtr

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

PS: also, it says "Will not fit models with factory auto leveling option" and I have no idea if my car has that.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes, or you can convert to a coil spring without the air system and add 1"-2" spacers to get it to set level, based on the added weight. I've had both.

The air suspension is supposed to self level, with the added weight. With my boat(800 pounds of tongue weight on the rear of the Escalade), the air system just can't pump it up enough. My dealer has checked it and said that all is well but, it isn't enough.

Personally, with a car as nice as an Escalade, I'd go with full aftermarket air ride so you have 100% control.

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.