: Volant Intake System For SRX

PremierTruck
10-04-05, 03:02 PM
Volant Cool Air Intake System's Offers a Cold Air Intake system For the 3.6L V6 & 4.6L V8 Cadillac SRX.

Cadillac SRX (2004) this kit has the same easy installation as the CTS but we made a refined duct to fit the SRX superbly. This kit has an OEM quality fit and finish with the refined attributes of an aftermarket product to give you the power you’ve been looking for.

Features

Volant Filter Box: Cross-link polyethylene filter box is engineered to specific design. It insulates and protects the filter from pulling hot air from the engine compartment, thus, increasing horsepower.

Volant Air Duct: Cross-link polyethylene air ducts are sculptured to give the engine a less restrictive air pass to breathe. Larger diameters, unique bends and smooth transitions gives you maximum horsepower and awesome throttle response.

Volant Ram Filter: Cleanable and reusable high grade filter media reduces air restriction and increases engine output. Precision pleat geometry optimizes airflow throughout the intake system.

High Performance Silicon Connectors: High performance silicone hose connectors provides flexibility while maintains strength and thermal stability.

Stainless Steel Clamps:Marine grade clamps allows optimal performance with large operating range and available for virtually any application which requires maintainability and versatility.

Please PM, Email, or Call For Your CF Member Price.

Thanks,
David
info@premiertruckaccessories.com (info@premiertruckaccessories.com)
Toll Free # 888-345-4782

robhersch
10-05-05, 10:49 AM
Package sounds interesting (for my 2005 SRX V8 & 1999 Concours)
Questions: 1) Will installation void GM factory warranties? 2) Any issues with cleaner chemicals affecting the intake sensors or parts of the injection systems? 3) Any data on the surface area of the air filters, ie original vs Volant?
Thanks - robhersch

PremierTruck
10-06-05, 04:23 AM
Hello robhersch,

The Volant intake system does not void factory warranty. The cleaner used on the filter does not pose a problem unless when your cleaning it and you extremely over oil it. As long as you follow the directions, you wont have any problems at all. This is an excellent fitting kit and it makes a good hp increase as well.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David
888-345-4782

radioman
10-13-05, 01:07 AM
Is this actually available? Volant has been back ordered for months; called and they said still the same situation. What are you selling? Do you have stock?

radioman

Jmale
10-13-05, 11:38 AM
Any dyno tested HP gain numbers??????????

radioman
10-14-05, 03:28 PM
So much for this guy, posts, disappears.

57TBird
10-17-05, 04:41 PM
I hope he's for real, because he gave me a great price, shipped (approx. 10-20% less than I've found anywhere else).

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger and order. Has anyone received an intake, yet? I don't want to order the intake, just get put on another endless backorder list.

Thanks.

gottawonder
10-18-05, 07:57 AM
Dyno information coming this week... this should be quite interesting...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45707&page=7&highlight=volant

GW

Package
10-18-05, 04:51 PM
I purchased mine about four months ago from a non supporting vendor listed in one of my frequented corvette sites. There were no supporting vendors here at that time so I could not order one from this site. I paid about $260 including shipping.

I also sent this business/gentleman an email about what else he has for the SRX and that was over two weeks ago with no response. I guess we need to spend our money elsewhere....:(

rwhite692
10-21-05, 01:18 AM
A question for the Volant people, or for those of you who have installed the Volant cold air kit ON A NORTHSTAR SRX:

What type of underhood noise increase, if any, did you wind up with?

The only two things keeping me from dropping $300 on the kit is:

A: No hard before and after DATA available (ON THIS SPECIFIC VEHICLE, THE SRX) to quantitatively prove a significant HP gain (at least I havent seen any?)

B: If the addition of the cold air kit makes me have to listen to an underhood rice-rocket "drone" from intake noise all the time, then forget it...

Rob

inline6
10-21-05, 02:41 PM
For what it is worth, the Volant on the V6 makes no more noise than the stock intake under normal driving and is barely noticable under full throttle. No drone or loud sucking sounds.