: Daytime Running Light replacement

rtucker
10-04-05, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know how to replace these bulbs? I have one that is burned out and cannot figure out to get access to replace the bulb.

jrs05caddyext
10-04-05, 10:22 AM
You have to remove the whole headlight if its a 2002+. Remove the two pins that holf the headlight in place, you might have to remove the grille aswell.

rtucker
10-04-05, 10:27 AM
Sorry. It is a 2002 Escalade. I cannot find the pins or anything else that holds the assembly. Sorry to be so stupid but, I cannot see what is holding this in place.

jrs05caddyext
10-04-05, 10:42 AM
There’s one on top of the headlight and one on the side. The top one goes down vertical and the side one horizontal. # 2 on the picture shows what the pin looks like. I dont know how else to explain. unless i take pictures of it.

rtucker
10-04-05, 10:46 AM
That is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for your help!!

rtucker
10-04-05, 10:50 AM
Just curious. Where did you find this drawing?

gort
10-25-05, 02:24 PM
how about replacing the foglights?

slk230mb
10-25-05, 02:31 PM
Crawl under the truck and take a look behind the bumper. You should be able to clearly see the housing and the wire attached to it. Disconnect the wire, then remove the bulb.

Falkolade
10-25-05, 02:46 PM
damn... you people are all so right on... I just let all of this slide till i am out by the dealer. you guys are sweet for knowing all this stuff! ! !

gort
10-25-05, 06:26 PM
Man I can't get my DRL bulbs out! I got the headlight assembly out fine, but I simply cannot get the bulb out! :mad:

I don't want to pull too hard, I'm afraid I'll break the bulb.

slk230mb
10-25-05, 08:22 PM
Man I can't get my DRL bulbs out! I got the headlight assembly out fine, but I simply cannot get the bulb out! :mad:

I don't want to pull too hard, I'm afraid I'll break the bulb.

Around the plastic base, where the bulb is held into the headlight, there should be a tab for you to press against the housing, then turn the bulb to release it. I know when I switched to the SilverStars and chrome turn signal bulbs, they were on there nice and good. A little bit of pressure while pressing down the plastic tab and they came right out.