Cadillac Owners Forum banner

bought platinum and was told it's not???????

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  SpyShops NY 
#1 ·
I was checking the car through online to get ideas of why my power step doesn't work. turns out it is not escalade platinum!!!!! {The power step was placed after the factory because it says AMP on it, so I tracked to see what kinds of company it is. Through research, I realized that none of the VIN number matches its description as a platinum model}
I was very furstrated and upset about the fact that I believed it is platinum and no one corrected or attempted to say about it.
Looks like a previous owner just put the PLATINUM sticker/banner on the car to pretend it is the platinum.
Is there any action I can take in order to resolve this issue? I don't know what happened and Should I contact the dealer? I don't get the fact that the dealer did not take the PLATINUM sign out of the vehicle before they put it on the sale...

#3 ·
Not to be an ass but you might have wanted to research Escalades to understand models. But sorry for that. But to Platinum has different front end,has LED headlights, Interior is completely different with trim also has cadillac creast in all the seats, heated and cooled cup holders. But I would go back to seller or dealership and let them know that and hope you didn't pay what a Platinum cost as it would be at least 5-10k more then what a Permium or Luxury would cost.

----------

Also if you can post a picture of the truck as well.

#4 ·
How could you not notice it wasn't a platinum? The interior, headlights, and front fascia is totally different on a Platinum. The power steps are just 1 part of the platinum package. Look at your sales contract, if it says Platinum on it somewhere and you didn't get a Platinum you should definitely be taking it back. Why don't you post a picture of your Interior or find a picture online that looks like your interior and we'll tell you if it's a Platinum or not. A Platinum would also have rear entertainment screens in the head rests, at least my 2012 did.

#5 · (Edited)
What price did you pay, if u got a good deal and the dealer lied to you ask for a extended warranty or something else valuable because if your happy w your truck I would keep it. I paid. 46k for a year old premium w 2 Gm tvs headrest in the rear and accessory grill and rims instead of paying also I got the Crome accessory roof rails, 80k for a platinum so I got my wife a car for 500 a month 3 series bmw and my truck 850 so I got 2 for the price of 1 they wanted 1400 a month for the platinum

#6 ·
Agree w/the others. It's fairly easy to distinguish a platinum vs other trim models; the interior for one is completely different. As others have mentioned, your seats should be embroidered with the Cadillac logo and you should have heated/cooled cup holders plus RSE in each headrest in addition to the drop down monitor (3 screens total). But the dead give away should be the interior trim: the wood/aluminum accents are inverted/opposite on the platinum. This means your center stack (including the cup holder lid/trim, ashtray lid/trim and trim on the center console lid should be aluminum. On the other models, it's the woodgrain). Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.