Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Getting 13 MPG Lately

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ttforcefed23 
#1 · (Edited)
I've noticed recently that I'm getting 13 MPG whereas I was getting 16-18MPG last month. My tire pressure is 37lbs all around. I don't feel a loss of power, knocking, or sputtering. It's a 2008 with 165K highway miles 1 owner.
Is it Tune up time? I know the oil is due in about 500 miles. I just don't know why all of a sudden it starts sucking the fuel. Air Conditioning?
Confused...

#5 ·
My truck is an 11 ext and I drive it back and forth to New Orleans every month. It's a 2500 mile round trip and if I try to to make two trips on the oil my mileage goes way down. From 22 down to 17. I would bet your Low on oil. It's 25 bucks. Change it.

----------

Spark plugs don't last forever either. Another cheap 20 minute job.

#9 ·
I bought my 2011 with 90k miles 3 weeks ago and I reset the average economy the day after I bought it. After 2 weeks of driving I was at 12.8. I did OEM plugs and wires and did a AFE replacement high flow air filter and have now been driving for a week. It has stabilized at 13.9mpg. I don't think I will ever get better than this for in town driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.