Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Reset XM Radio

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  antuns 
#1 ·
My XM radio is screwed up. I only get channels 0 and 1 and no categories are listed. I spent about 1.5 hours on 4 different calls with Sirius who did every conceivable troubleshooting thing they could do. On the last call they told me to take it to the dealer and have them reset the radio and check to make sure the turner is working right. Is this something I can do myself, or does it really require the dealer?

I have advanced skills at digging in and taking stuff apart, but I don't want to waste my time if only the dealer can do it.

----------

Forgot to identify my vehicle - 2009 Escalade ESV

#2 ·
Hello reddrumjay,

I can understand how frustrating this issue with your XM radio must be and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. I know you are looking for advice from the forum on how you may be able to resolve this concern yourself. If you decide you would like to head to the dealership, feel free to PM me and we can discuss your options.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#4 ·
Thanks for the response guys.

What I was getting at more than anything was the XM CSR said to have the dealer "reset the radio". I took that to mean there is a way to do a hard reset on the XM receiver.

Would I be correct to assume there's not a convenient button on the unit I can push and hold for 10 seconds, or push some cryptic combination of buttons to reset it?

In other words, how exactly does the dealer go about resetting the receiver?

#7 ·
Hello,
I purchased a pre-owed 2009 Escalade, and am experiencing the exact same problem! I have had the run around between the dealer and Sirius technicians. It has been 3 weeks, and noone has been able to fix this problem, or get my XM radio to work.
Can anyone please offer some suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.