Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front End Impact Sensor?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpyShops NY 
#1 ·
Hey all, so I've read some threads here and there on this topic, but haven't really received too much definitive information so hopefully this thread can be a good resource for anyone else who is experiencing this issue.

I have the dreaded "service airbag" message in the DIC (and have had it for a while). I checked the clips/plugs in the seat and everything seems to be ok which leads me to believe it may be the front end impact sensor (I remember vividly when the light/message started, and it was after I got the car back from a valet).

In any case, I'd prefer to avoid the dealership in making the diagnosis so am bringing the truck to my independent mechanic next week for that and some other stuff. Real question is, how many impact sensors do we have up front (if that's truly what's wrong) and where can I find the part for cheap? I found some on eBay that are OEM but aren't sure if they're correct, and then I found some that are "OE specs" but generic and way cheaper than the actual OEM part, which makes me a little nervous.

In any case, anyone know the part numbers, locations, etc and any other pertinent information to get started? It's really starting to drive me crazy having to stare at that airbag light in the gauge cluster. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.