: Tire & Rim Info Needed

darthcaddy
10-01-05, 02:17 AM
Couldn't find this info on the current threads.

Which manufacturer makes quality rims? I'm considering these rims from Panther. Is Panther any good?

http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=138069&InfoID=4134&ShowLarge=True

Also, what tire brand do you have on your Lade?

Boombotz
10-01-05, 03:04 AM
I have the Toyo Proxy tires on mine. 305-45-22 is the size. I have no complaints about them. I have never heard of Panther rims.

CadillacGrillz
10-01-05, 05:39 AM
the chrome is shit i had some when 22's were the biggest rims outthere but mine were 20's the chrome starts falling quickly i mean they have nice designs but the chrome aint that good

darthcaddy
10-01-05, 10:49 AM
the chrome is shit i had some when 22's were the biggest rims outthere but mine were 20's the chrome starts falling quickly i mean they have nice designs but the chrome aint that good

Thanks for the advise on the Panther rims. Any other manufacturers with similiar chrome problems?

outofdablue
10-01-05, 02:04 PM
Any MHT wheel ( Dub, Foose, Neeper, Driv, Kaotik, and Niche) has bad chrome plating. They tend to have problems with not enough plating where you can see the nickel (the layer under the chrome) coming up. Thats when you see that brass copper color on your wheels. For the money they are charging for some of these wheels, they have very poor quality. I went through a set of Foose wheels and also a set of Dubs, both with the same poor quality chrome jobs.