: 95 ETC Overheating Sometimes??

jbiz
09-30-05, 03:24 PM
I have a 95 ETC and it gives me the "STOP ENGINE - OVERHEAT" warning on and off. Sometimes I go a day or 2 w/o seeing it then somedays it keeps coming up over and over, causing my car to not accelerate and stall when stopped. Its not losing coolant or leaking oil? I tried replacing most of the minor parts, Tstat, plugs, etc.

Any feedback would be a blessing - THX in adv

mcowden
09-30-05, 04:51 PM
I have a 95 ETC and it gives me the "STOP ENGINE - OVERHEAT" warning on and off. Sometimes I go a day or 2 w/o seeing it then somedays it keeps coming up over and over, causing my car to not accelerate and stall when stopped. Its not losing coolant or leaking oil? I tried replacing most of the minor parts, Tstat, plugs, etc.

Any feedback would be a blessing - THX in adv

Several options - collapsing hose during high flow rates, stuck water pump belt tensioner (needs to be flexed and lubed), bad surge tank cap, plugged radiator or heater core... If you use the Search feature above, you will find lots and lots of information about overheating issues.

Ranger
09-30-05, 06:07 PM
Don't forget to check for plugged purge line.

davesdeville
10-01-05, 02:49 PM
What does the DIC say the actual temperature is when that happens? Should be in the set of readouts you see when you hit the info button.