: Need advice on who to do a Northstar head job in the Huntsville Alabama area

pmazurki
06-14-14, 10:25 PM
My 1997 Deville just starting the over heating routine coming up the mountain to my house. I have a 1999 model that has failed in the same way that I keep around for parts.

Anyway, I would like to get the heads reworked on the 1997 (133K miles) because it is a nicer vehicle.

Does anyone have a recommendation on who in the Huntsville Alabama area I can take her to?

I appreciate any info you kind folks can provide.

Pete

Submariner409
06-15-14, 09:45 AM
Log into www.northstarperformance.com and ask if Jake has a fairly local shop that he works with.

Ranger
06-15-14, 10:35 AM
No need to rework the heads. Just drill, retap, insert or stud it and replace the HG's.

pmazurki
06-16-14, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info.

I emailed Jake last night...

97EldoCoupe
06-16-14, 04:21 PM
We just had an order from Alabama, it's a GM Dealer. I will ask them if they will allow us to give there information out, and will let you know who it was. GM techs tend to be a bit more expensive, but they're also very well trained. 99% of the time there are no surprises with their work- everything is assembled back to factory specs.

P.S. Sorry if I have not yet responded to that email. We've manufactured a LOT of stud kits since Friday evening. Haven't had time for much of anything

pmazurki
06-20-14, 10:21 PM
I have a 4 foot hydraulic lift in my garage, so I decided to attempt the HG repair myself on my 97 Deville. The lift should make it easier to pull the engine out from below. Folks on here mention a few good examples (with pictures) that demonstrate the process, but I can't find them.

Anybody have a link to these threads?

Thanks.

stoveguyy
06-21-14, 12:19 PM
4ft lift? Must be for real short mechanics.