: People with stalling problems may want to look at this!!!

1fastSTS
09-30-05, 11:40 AM
My car experienced a stall while driving, first time it ever happened, i coasted to a stop, restarted my car no problem. called my cadillac mechanic friend who does work from his house on the side from working at the caddy dealer. he said if it happens again let him know we will check the code. so next day it happened again, but only with the flashing lights some of you members i remember complaining about this... so he pulled the code, he changed a lot of shit on my car...to see if this eliminates the one problem he hopes it wouldnt be....turns out its the brake module he needs to replace, and thats the one problem he hadent hoped it would be...it will be about 600 to fix i cant imagine what the dealer would charge.

caddydaddy
09-30-05, 11:57 AM
Usually it's the crankshaft position sensors. I'm not sure how a brake module would cause the engine to stall???

danbuc
09-30-05, 12:41 PM
BY brake module, do you mean ABS motor pack assembly? If so, there is not way mechanically at least, that it could cause a stall condition. If it shorted out, and took some other wiring with it myabe. I mean, having the ABS pack fail won't even kill your base brakes, so why should it kill the engine. Sounds suspicious to me. :suspect:

1fastSTS
09-30-05, 12:57 PM
well hes been there for me since ive had the car. he switched my water pump over from the 99 version to the updated version for free. did a tune up for parts costs only, i dont think hes out to get me. he even took my car to the dealership and had it on the lift to find out the problem. and this is what he says. maybe i should get more detail and post it. maybe its my info thats wrong. but he did check the code the car threw. so hes only going by what needs to fix the code. the systems my car saw is what threw the code. so it would make sense in that aspect.

Eldyfig
09-30-05, 08:29 PM
Find out what the code was and if it was a history code. Just because that code is in there doesn't neccessarily mean that is what is causing the stall.

1fastSTS
09-30-05, 09:08 PM
ok the brake module was throwing a service stability soon light, so he has to fix this, and the stall was a seperate problem, caused by a crank position sensor. ok so that settles that. so he has to fix both problems, he told me theres to parts to this brake problem and he hopes its the less expensive part..i hope for my sake as well.