: Funny Smell

johnnyolivia
11-29-03, 10:58 PM
HI all. WHen i am driving my car and i am idled fo ra whil, stuck in traffic, or my engine temp is around 200 and I am moving on the highway etc... i get theis funny smell. It acutally gets nausiating. I wan tto say it smells like oil and antifrezze together but i nevre smelled aynthing liek it. It really makes me dizzy. Anyone know what it is?

elwesso
11-29-03, 11:12 PM
:crying: :crying2:

Headgasket!! Just to verify, do you have milky oil, or gooey coolant????

teresa
12-01-03, 01:24 PM
My 94 Eldorado is doing the same thing. This oil is not milky and the coolant is not sticky. What do you mean by headgaskets? I had my headgaskets replaced a little over a year ago.
Thanks,
Teresa :confused:

elwesso
12-01-03, 05:41 PM
Well you may not necessarily have milky oil or gooey coolant.... But you could still have a leak in the gasket.....

Hopefully the heads werent warped, causing the gasket to fail again!

xxxaxel
12-05-03, 12:02 AM
Hey I have the same smell on my 1994 sts. Oil is still black and coolant still wet. My radiator is new I put a new one in myself month ago. It did overheat!?. Now I have a new problem the smell and the engin hesitates mechanic said i need a new electrical coil one of the three isn't firing as strong and new plugs and wires he did mention perhaps a blown gasket(perhaps?). N hell i'm just a broke college kid who bought a car way out of my leage.

teresa
01-05-04, 12:56 PM
wELL THE smell went away when the darn thing caught on fire. The sp wires meshed!