: Big Rims Need Advice

jack_johnson4life
09-28-05, 11:47 AM
hey all...I'm looking at some 26'' gfg cannes and it includes a tires for about 12k...the tires are 305/30/26...this is my first escalade and never put anything over 20'' on a truck...just looking for some advice before I buy them...also I have read that people have trouble with the ride because of the big rims...is there anyway to maybe smooth out the ride...some wheel sites would be really helpful...thanks

jrs05caddyext
09-28-05, 12:37 PM
I just got some 26" DUB Big Homie rims with 305/30/26 Kuhmo tires. I was real concerned about the ride quality with the big rims but found out it wasn't so bad after all. It does hurt when you hit pot holes. Just be extra carefull on how you drive. I had 22s before and I dont see much diffrence. One thing I did have to take it in to the shop to do some minor trimming of the inner fender liner(plastic) because it was rubbing when I made wide turns. Over all im very happy with the wheels.:D Just my 2cents.

hcvone
09-28-05, 12:54 PM
If your roads are smooth where you live then it does not matter how big you go, but if the roads you drive on are rough or have pot hole then your ride will be harsh, and watch going into driveways and pot holes because you can damage your wheels and tires fairly easy.

jack_johnson4life
09-30-05, 02:40 AM
thanks for the info...

Escolade
10-01-05, 08:04 PM
Right now I have an Expedition with 24's. The ride is really no different, just a bit more agressive I think. You will love them, the attention is fun too.