: My Paint seems REALLY blotchy

Spittin Game
09-27-05, 05:53 PM
I know we've talked about this before, but I swear my paint is getting more and more blotchy. Its White Diamond and even right after I washed it and then waxed it, it still looked really blotchy. Anyone ever get Cadillac to do something about this? I didn't buy the White Diamond for it to have this kind of look to it. I NEVER notice it on other cars that have a pearl paint job like Lexus, Audi, etc... :banghead:

fast66
09-27-05, 07:27 PM
Yeah I know what you are talkign about. Mine is 3 years now and it is getting blotchy almost like a bad paint job. especially on the door panels.

Spittin Game
09-27-05, 08:09 PM
Ya, thats where mine is the worst, on the door panels.

fast66
09-27-05, 08:16 PM
what is the paint waranty on these cars.. is it the same as rust?

blingblingcv
09-28-05, 04:06 AM
My infra red is gettin blotchy on the door panels as well. :(

fast66
09-28-05, 04:54 AM
hmm maybe because its plastic. I wonder if people have complained about this, does it happen on the other models?

hcvone
09-28-05, 08:55 AM
This problem is not just with Caddy's, I see it on Porsche's, Vette's and Viper's too, selling Zaino I get to see many new cars, and some of the paint jobs are very poor, some so poor I personally would not have taking the car if it was mine. My white diamond paint is better than most that I have seen, I would worry about a repaint from a dealership even being worse.

KingMouse
09-28-05, 11:36 AM
Robotic painting spread as thin as possible. An acceptable amount of orange peel. Yuck! Some things are still better done by a human.

The paint on the door edges of my 1999 seville (white diamond) wore through. The next issue of Vision had an article on Caddy paint saying how great it was. Production paint jobs are garbage!

Spittin Game
09-28-05, 03:12 PM
Has anyone had or known someone that has gotten Caddy to fix this?

Wayne Buff
10-12-05, 02:13 PM
Had the same White Diamond blotchy paint problem with my 2005 CTS that I purchased in April. I also noticed the problem several days later under certain lighting conditions. The auto body shop manager at the dealership said that there was not enough color coat on the car and that I was seeing the underlying gray primer. This was confirmed when I noticed a spot under the trunk lid where the paint was void. The dealer offered to repaint the vehicle (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#). Repainting a new vehicle was not an acceptable option to me. I was able to arrange a GM Buy Back. They ordered a replacement White Diamond CTS for me and it had the same problem. Since then I have found that all models of Cadillacs (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) and almost all years with the White Diamond paint have the problem. The CTS is a world class car and I really like the White Diamond color but I hate the blotchiness. So I just took delivery of a black 2006 CTS tonight. My ultimate goal is to get Cadillac (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) to resolve the problem so I can at some point in the future get the car that I really want. I am planning on writing a letter to the Cadillac General Manager (Jim Taylor) since the Cadillac Customer Relations Department representatives will not take any action to escalate this problem to get it resolved. Their response was that there are thousands of happy White Diamond CTS customers.

KingMouse
10-13-05, 08:43 AM
Cadillac customer relations are a joke! They are powerless without care which makes them useless. My 1999 SLS had GM's garbage brake rotors on it that needed turned or replaced every 6,000 miles. Customer relations told me it was 'normal' wear and tear'. Their day is coming........