Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone pls have u seen this b4 "set original disc"

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ashkanani 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can give me some advice to this error message thats been on my navi screen,, it reads "set original disc". i own a 2010 escalade and my navi disc was damaged. i borrowed a disc from a friend and since i put it in all i get is this error message,, i ordered a new disc and im awaiting its arrival but this message has got me stressed!!! will a new navi disc clear it, my screen is frozen to to message, my backup cam wont work, but i can still hear my radio, just cant see nothing but this annoying error message. can anyone give me some advice please.. thanx guys..

#8 ·
Just an FYI this cannot be reset the unit must go in for service, i purchased my ESV used and had the broker supply a new disc from GM navdisk, i opened the disc from the packaging and placed it in the drive and this message came up, the radio worked fine before this just no map disk, i have no idea why this happened, and tried everything to get it to work, the broker supplied me with a reman nav unit, i sent the original unit in to be purchased by navrepair.com they quoted me just under $300 to repair this but i ended up selling them the unit instead..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.