: Got my V5 NAV Disc today

miked
09-27-05, 12:14 AM
It definitely has updated roads in our area (eastern Seattle burbs). There were a few areas before that we were "driving in space" and now we're on roads. It still has a few roads messed up. It now knows the name of our street, which is nice.

I couldn't tell that any extra functionality was added to the NAV system. I just ejected the old DVD, added in the new DVD, and everything was ready to go within 10 seconds. Much too quick for any type of firmware upgrade.

Osogato
09-27-05, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the update.

I think several people were waiting for your report before ordering.

I plan to order one soon for my wife -- it's her car.

dechief4
09-28-05, 10:20 AM
It definitely has updated roads in our area (eastern Seattle burbs). There were a few areas before that we were "driving in space" and now we're on roads. It still has a few roads messed up. It now knows the name of our street, which is nice.

I couldn't tell that any extra functionality was added to the NAV system. I just ejected the old DVD, added in the new DVD, and everything was ready to go within 10 seconds. Much too quick for any type of firmware upgrade.

Concur - no noticable firmware upgrades/functionality, but it does included more accurate mapping... I received my disc yesterday.

sgilbert
09-28-05, 12:42 PM
Thank you both for the quickie review.

Personally, I'll wait another year, then, as I have only one road around here that isn't on the map, and I know where that goes.

Terpnut
10-03-05, 04:42 PM
With the new v5.00 DVD, I haven't noticed any mapping data improvements in the DC/Baltimore area where I live (it's still missing many new roads).

Also, if anyone is still using v3.00 and wants to upgrade to v4.00 cheap, see my eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8004816572. :)

DG2
10-03-05, 07:36 PM

Where did you get the disk from ?

miked
10-03-05, 09:45 PM
gmpartsdirect.com

Wagoneer
10-17-05, 07:43 PM
Also got my new disc from GMPartsDirect a couple of days ago. I upgraded from 3.00 straight to 5.00. The large state park across the street now has the interior roads shown (before, it was just a large green blob). I also haven't noticed any obvious software changes, but it is nice to have more recent road information.

stlgasman
10-19-05, 02:55 PM
How long did it take to get?

Wagoneer
10-20-05, 12:45 AM
Just over a week, maybe 10 days, if I recall.

rwhite692
10-21-05, 01:09 AM
I'd like to order the V5 Nav disc, does anyone have the GM Part Number?

Osogato
10-21-05, 02:56 PM
Also got my new disc from GMPartsDirect a couple of days ago. I upgraded from 3.00 straight to 5.00. The large state park across the street now has the interior roads shown (before, it was just a large green blob).

Interesting. After uprgrading to the v.5 disk last week we noticed that the map of the Cal (aka UC Berkeley) campus included a lot more detail of interior campus roads. We don't need the detail as we are not there a lot but it was interesting nevertheless.

Wagoneer
11-25-05, 01:19 AM
It turns out that there IS at least one new feature when moving from V3.0 to V5.0 (I never had 4.0): under "Enter Destination->Previous Address", there is now a button down at the bottom that says something like "previous start point". I don't recall this feature being there until I upgraded to 5.0.

miked
11-25-05, 07:16 PM
I think that was upgraded in V4, as we had that functionality in V4 before upgrading to V5.

v8srx
12-03-05, 01:50 AM
the prev. starting point function is available in 3.0 too. Test the 1791 code. if it is still working, the firmware is not updated.

Is there anybody who can tell us how to check the firmware version and how to obtain the latest?