Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New RED 3.6 AWD ....Let's drop it a bit

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  373433 
#1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a new 2013 ATS this week. Traded in the 2008 CTS with a very respectable 95K miles.
Of course the ATS is miles ahead of the C in all respects, just in case anyone was interested in my 2 cents.
Anyway, my boys were googling ATS pix and came across a murdered ATS from the wheel company "D3". Lowering it changes the whole appearance for the better.
My question....Is there a way to lower the car just an inch or so, without disturbing and/or changing any OEM parts.
I know that on the corvette, there is a bolt adjustment and probably a re-alignment for a simple drop. More radical is a coil over transplant (I went that way on the Z06).
I swore that I was not going to do any mods to this "station car", but..........

#7 ·
@ExBagBoy, TireRack has those springs for $244, and shipping is actually free since they're only coming from Delaware for me (I'm in Northern VA). Tempting. Does anyone know what it would cost to get them installed?

@Bryce2.0T, do you recall what you spent getting the Eibachs on your car?

Thanks,
Don

#8 ·
I have not had springs put on my ATS yet, but I have had them put on several of my other cars in the past (VW GLI, Honda Civic SI, B9 Audi A4, Subaru Legacy GT) and always paid between $150-250 depending on the car and shop. Some shops will try to quote you 4 hours labor, not once has a install gone over 2 hours and that was with test drive to check the springs. Dealer will likely quote $400+ for the install, I generally go with local reputable tuner shops that specialize in specific makes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.